Varsity XC/Track 4 years, Captain, multiple ECs, leadership, community service

2 Likes

My son accepted engineering

OOS
1580 SAT
4.0 unweighted
Tons of STEM ECs and community service

He got a VT Scholars renewable scholarship of $3,000 per year

He did not get into honors which we were surprised about.

He also got into Georgia Tech and UMich so we are weighing everything.

Question: he applied to VT Stamps plus two more scholarships through their “scholarship central” portal. Are we to assume that those are a no-go at this point?

1 Like

I’m so sorry, some majors are very competitive. Was that a weighted gpa? Did she send scores?

Son waitlisted oos engineering. A little disappointed but honestly with 8 other acceptances he has some really good options. Wishing everyone all the best where ever you land!

accepted instate, 3.9 and 1330

2 Likes

This past spring they let in a lot of the waitlist (something like 900 in state kids), but it does vary a lot year by year.

Same here. 35 ACT, accepted into GA Tech but not even honors at VA. I also applied for Stamps but yeah I’m guessing since it’s incoming honors students it’s a no-go :frowning:

Daughter was accepted out of state (Pamplin-Business/Real Estate)!

She is thrilled! No honors but small merit award.

I had to check her decision for her while she was at work and I thought I would pass out. Thankfully there was confetti!

5 Likes

Congrats (Josh also accepted :smiley:)

1 Like

Woot Woot!! Now to crunch the numbers (also, waiting on one more decision).

Got in OOS - Mechanical engineering
34 ACT
4.5 GPA
Accepted to Honors College

Where does it say if you got any scholarship or merit aid? Would it be in the decision letter so I’m assuming I didn’t?

Congrats to everyone who got in!

1 Like

Check under the financial aid portion of your portal. I had to scroll all the way down - almost missed it.

1 Like

So upset. My daughter got waitlisted, her top school. 1540 SAT, 33 ACT, 4.67 GPA, Number 9 (out of over 400) in her class with 4 years at a engineering magnet school. Just heartbroken here.

1 Like

Thank you. Daughter received $3k award. Wouldn’t have seen it…

2 Likes

Ugh, that doesn’t make much sense. This year is unpredictable, and at times I’ve wondered if high stat kids are seeing a lot of odd outcomes.

5 Likes

Are you instate? :frowning:

I think we are in the same boat. Does your kid go to AET?

When I clicked on the name of scholarship it said ours was renewable

Yes. And both my husband and I went there (one undergrad and one grad).

1 Like

I’m so sorry. That doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes