Virginia Tech Class of 2025 — Decision Release Date: Mar 1-15

My daughter got in OOS Business Program but very little merit money. I think she is just going to UMD their Business program is superior.

1 Like

Son accepted
In-state, NoVA
Major computational modeling and data analytics

4.1 GPA
10 AP/IB/DE classes
1490 SAT (780 math, 710 verbal)

Already clicked “accept”!

No merit or honors but it was already the cheapest among the schools where he’s been accepted.

5 Likes

Wait so I got accepted OOS for engineering and it says that only 6675 people got accepted out of 42000 applications. Correct me if I’m wrong, but does this mean about 16% got admitted this year??

I heard this happen last year. I am so sorry. It seems they don’t take some of the top applicants because they don’t think they will come. So wrong and unfair.

what is the most merit given we have seen so far? I got 5.1k annually

1 Like

Hey I just got accepted! Super thrilled!

OOS, Colorado
Biological Sciences

3.85UW/4.35W GPA
8AP Classes/At least 12 Honors Classes
Test Optional

Great Essays
Above average ECs

Accepted into Honors College
3k Scholarship

2 Likes

No thats the size of their freshman class. They generally admit much more than that, its j that a lot of ppl decline the offer of admission

Look through the new responses on the thread! They’re more instate students getting in!

Right!! I was so shocked!! Like that makes the acceptance rate lower than some top 20 universities

2 Likes

They accept around 20k students, and their yield is around 25-35%ish so that gives them their freshman class size: 6600

2 Likes

always find it humorous when someone says a business program is superior. I went to NC State as a business major and ultimately went into banking. I remember talking to one of my customers who was a Business professor at all three Triangle schools (Duke, UNC and NC State). I asked him what he
taught differently at Duke and UNC. He said
'absolutely nothing, the Duke kids are just smarter"

6 Likes

Hoping!!

Was merit in your acceptance letter?

I hope that is not the case! Not all students who really want to go apply ED. It is just so difficult to understand. Just heartbroken here.

1 Like

My daughter got in OOS Business Program

1 Like

I’d definitely send a letter of continuing interest. I’m so incredibly sorry.

2 Likes

No, they received > 42k applications to fill 6675 seats. No data yet about how many they’ve admitted at this point to fill those 6675 seats.

No, they said they had 42,000 applicants for 6700 spots. They presumably accepted way more than 6700 people to fill the 6700 spots. I’m not sure what their yield is typically, but I suspect it will be lower this year since so many kids applied to more colleges than normal.

1 Like

if you got waitlisted, how do you say yes to it? I cannot find it on my applicant portal

I can’t find it either.