Virginia Tech Class of 2025 — Decision Release Date: Mar 1-15

For anyone who may not see the Response to Offer of Admission form or the Response to Waitlist form, please give it some time and try again. It can take some time for those forms to populate with an increased volume of folks accessing the Portal. If you do not see it in the morning, please let us know.

2 Likes

I was looking for it as well but didn’t see it.

@VTAdmissions - have all scholarships been released also such as Stamps? Thank you

1 Like

@VTAdmissions - in her excitement D must have hit her screen and her scholarship figure is now green and says ACCEPTED next to it. She can’t undo it. Did she just prematurely commit? I’m telling her not to worry … lol

OOS daughter accepted
Engineering
1530 SAT 34 ACT
4.0 UW
$3300 scholarship

1 Like

My son’s scholarship said accepted from the start. I don’t think that means she has accepted her position at VT.

@PH, whew. Thanks. I’ll tell her.

Can you please share about how decisions were made this year compared to prior years? It seems a little questionable, but there are so many in state over qualified applicants that have been waitlisted compared to others with lesser stats out of state… just curious if it’s representative of our political culture currently or if there is some other reason.

5 Likes

Daughter
Accepted
OOS (Pennsylvania)
Engineering
1480 / 5.0W / 3.8 UW
Decent EC
Denied Honors and no merit
Deciding between PSU, Purdue and VT

1 Like

Accepted- Neuroscience
OOS (New York)
97W GPA
IB Diploma candiate w/ 4 APs
Good ECs
EMT certified
$4,100 merit
Denied Honors

1 Like

We are also in NOVA and got waitlisted. In-state, 35 ACT, 4.11 GPA. Psychology. 10 AP/DE courses. It sounds like they are waitlisting a lot of high stats kids. A few of my daughter’s friends were also waitlisted. She only knows one who was accepted.

4 Likes

I saw on VT’s website that College of Engineering Students gets their departmental scholarship notifications by July 1st. I don’t know if that’s true. Anyone doing engineering?

Same here

1 Like

FCPS same. Stunned silence in many households.

1 Like

Anyone know how many students accepted to honors?

No, they accept a lot more than they intend to enroll. My guess is they will accept closer to 20k to ultimately get a class size they want.

Don’t worry, you have to pay a fee ($400 if I recall) to commit.

Yes, she is in-state. This is just so hard on top of an already miserable senior year. I feel so bad for all these top tier students who didn’t get into VT as their top choice.

5 Likes

Crazy travesty! Politics!

What do you mean politics? It’s likely yield protection (which I hate).