Virginia Tech Class of 2025 — Decision Release Date: Mar 1-15

Thank you for the information.

My daughter was waitlisted at Tech as a Psychology major. Does anyone know how competitive this major is at Tech and how likely it would be to come off the waitlist?

Is regular decision out ?

They come out at 5!

I did not see it announced anywhere that it would be today. Did you speak with someone in admissions to confirm that or just basing it on last years timing?

1 Like

They published a story on Instagram saying they would be coming out today at five!

Looks like decisions are out!

4 Likes

When I try to log into the portal to see my decision there’s a screen asking if I consent to share my information. Does anyone else see this?? When I click “Cancel”, because I don’t want to share my information, it doesn’t allow me to go any further. Do I have to Share my information in order to see my admission decision??

That is normal. The VT rep explained it in a prior post. Good luck!

Thank you. Can you tell me when the VTech rep posted that?

RD applicant here: can you advise as to what the “Share” information screen means when I log into my portal? This is something new and I don’t want to just click “Share” unless it’s legit. It seems I won’t be able to view my admissions decision unless I click “Share”???

If you scroll through this thread, you’ll see that it was answered right around when EA decisions were posted… VTadmissions replied saying it was normal because they do an inquiry on your application…or something like that.

1 Like

The discussion with answers about the “consent to share” starts at post #210. It is the early action discussion (the mods just renamed this thread but it does go back to EA).

2 Likes

It seems regular decisions are out. (3) Virginia Tech Undergraduate Admissions | Facebook

We’re deferred from EA and there is no status change. Anyone see updates in the portal?

1 Like

My son was waitlisted as a freshman applying to computer science. I believe it posted friday.

Sorry, I didn’t understand your message. Are you saying there was an update to your son’s application on Friday?

Yes

1 Like

Congratulations on your acceptance. This is the first I am hearing about someone coming off the waitlist successfully :clap:

1 Like

That’s great - congrats! Was your son notified via email or portal?

@ItalStal3 Can you clarify? I read your post as your son got RD results on Friday and result was waitlisted. Others seem to think your son got pulled from an earlier waitlist assignment. If it’s the latter that would be extremely unusual - wait list pulls have traditionally lagged about a month or so behind RD results (since the university still has EA offers that have not matriculated yet).