Virginia Tech Class of 2025 — Decision Release Date: Mar 1-15

He did not come off the wait list. He was offered a spot on the wait list. Seems to be the trend this year as he and many of his friends are getting waitlisted at multiple schools that my older boys got and their friends got into with similar stats and majors.

My daughter was waitlisted too. She is bummed because it was her #1.

Thank you for clarifying that. @User1278Hokie and @vastud21 see above. Wait list pulls haven’t started yet. Since VT went to ED, EA, and RD there’s been a lot of wait-listing of RD applicants.

1 Like

Thank you. Now the eternal wait continues.

Accepted from Early Action. I am wondering when merit scholarship $ would show up on portal. We see the financial aid but do not see scholarship. Only applied for the general one.

Thanks for the clarification. I have a D that got in and a S who was waitlisted. We’ve been a bit anxious.

Looking forward to someone replying to you who has this answer! My D was also accepted Early Action and she says some scholarship results are still due to be released, but I can’t info saying that is the case anywhere. Are there still departmental scholarships to be released for next year or not? It’s a mystery.

@parentpass It might be worth a call to admissions and/or the specific dept. that is managing the scholarships your student applied for. My experience over the years has been that staff is very willing to help with info that’s not readily announced/noted online.

You might want to check the pulldown on the upper right is showing 2021. I was looking for merit scholarship and didn’t see any until I noticed the pulldown box was showing 2020 by default.

Thanks. Will check it this afternoon.

I’m a bit confused. My DS, OOS and well within the stats needed for the Statistics major, was outright denied in early acceptance. Yesterday, he receives an email for an invitation for accepted College of Science students majoring in Statistics to attend a virtual webinar.

Am I missing something here? Any one else experience this?

@VTAdmissions Was this a glitch? Should this student call admissions?

He is differentiating between accepted and waitlisted.

How so? His/her student wasn’t accepted but received an email for accepted students.

I was replying to your question on the Ga Tech blog. His first point is for those who got waitlisted. His second point if for those who were accepted, to any school, now (not off the waitlist).

Yes, but I also thought he was generalizing that students were much more likely to be waitlisted, but I see your point.

1 Like

My son has two deferrals and a waitlist (GaTech, UVA and VaTech). The waiting is awful! Best of luck to yours.

Yes, the timeline for all of this is crazy. Mine is in at VT, didn’t apply to GT. At least with deferrals you know there is an answer coming.

Mine is deferred at UGA, Michigan and Wisconsin. UGA I know the end is next week. Wisconsin pushed it back until 4/2. Michigan who the heck knows. It’s awful!

1 Like

I called about scholarships today, and I was told they have all been given out and those that got them were notified. I assume you would have an email or update to portal. I asked if it is departmental, for in or out of state, etc etc. and they said all of them. There are still some open on the scholarship portal site that can be applied for if you meet the specific categories.