Virginia Tech Transfer Appeal Process

Hi. I am a freshman at NVCC and had a 4.0 my first semester which is all VT claims they look at. I worked a winter internship and have plenty of community service hours. Finals are next week but second semester grades are expected to be good as well. VT even sent me a letter that I was being considered for the honors college. I THEN RECEIVED A REJECTION LETTER. We are sending an appeals letter but does anyone ever get in on appeal?

Well, that what they are claiming on their website
( Some transfer student successfuly admitted after being rejected after filling an appeal )

So it’s a chance, why not appealing ?
But I’m confused, how did you get into honor college and then got a rejection?

Didn’t get into honors, it said I was being considered for honors. Thought if I was being considered for the honors program, then regular admission should have been a sure bet.

Oh okay sorry my fault!!

Mine said the same exact thing, that I was considered for honors, but yeah all what I was considered for was a rejection :frowning:

Perhaps it is because you only have one year of CC under your belt. It might be a better chance for you after 3 full semesters of CC.

You may want to contact the recruiter for the specific program you have applied to. They may be able to provide some guidance as to why you weren’t accepted and what action to take. Good luck!