Virginia Tech Transfer Fall 2020

or http://start.google.vt.edu/

i still haven’t gotten an email about signing up for orientation…

@VirginiaTech4 Same here

@TarekHA figured it out! if you login into Hokie SPA and click information for new students, you can sign up for orientation :slight_smile:

was anyone able to sign the housing contract? mine says login error everytime I try.

@virginiatech4 Haha I literally saw it earlier, thank you! and mine says error as well

Does anybody know how many Computer science BS graduates per year in Virginia tech?

@marta222 according to https://www.ir.vt.edu/data/student/headcountsByMajor.html, around 800-900

I emailed housing about the error when signing into the portal and they said it should be about 48 hours after paying the deposit until it gives you access to the contract

can you register for classes once you pay the $400?

you have to wait until orientation to register for classes

When is orientation? and, do you have to pay the $400 to attend it? Sorry! It is a lot of money, i am really scared to pay

@TouristHistory you can sign up for Orientation from your HokieSPA account, which you can’t access until you pay your deposit and setup VT username

@TouristHistory The $400 pays for the orientation, once you pay it you’ll have to wait about a day or so to access your VT accounts

Does anyone have any idea if transfers are going to get housing?

@Rehbell234 Housing for transfers isn’t guaranteed, but you can apply for Transfer LLC or put your name on the housing waitlist. If you’re lucky and get off the waitlist, you can apply up to 3 LLCs then sign your housing contract

Okay, thanks! How long do you think that will take? I am still waiting on UVA and W&M but am afraid spots will be taken up if I wait till the other schools come out.

@Rehbell234 I have heard in years past that on campus housing for transfer students normally fills up pretty quickly due to the limited amount of spots.

@Rehbell234 SAME im waiting on W&M did u get the cipher? and stats please gawd I’m so anxious. w&m is top choice rn so anyone on the waitlist may possibly get my spot.

Did tech offer any merit scholarships for transfers or did they just give out loan offers?

did anyone’s starrez say their classification is not able to give on campus housing?