Virginia tech Transfer students

<p>Giving up mine as well for UVA! Good luck to everyone who was placed on the waitlist.</p>

<p>is anyone going to that hokie camp thing? if so, which dates?</p>

<p>it looks like fun. i’m going</p>

<p>I was thinking about doing Hokie Camp, but it’s a little expensive and I feel like there are other great ways to meet people. Anyone here have experience with it?</p>

<p>has anyone else been admitted to VTCC (corps of cadets)? if you have, have you done and sent any paperwork?</p>

<p>just got offered on campus housing!</p>

<p>how did you find out that you were offered on campus housing?</p>

<p>they sent me an email to the address i put on my application</p>

<p>Hey, I’m applying as a transfer for next spring. 3.8 GPA for one semester at NVCC and I was homeschooled throughout highschool (with the exception of 10th grade) and graduated at 16, transcript sayd 4.1 w gpa and SAT not so great, I only did it once because I though when trasferring it doesn’t matter too much, but I got a 1840. What are my chances?</p>

<p>oh and hopefully a bio major</p>

<p>if you’re from nvcc you’re basically in.
i’m a transfer and had significantly lower stats than you (3.2, <1500 SAT).
they don’t take SAT scores, at least they didn’t from me. i transferred from a 4 year uni.</p>

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>couple of questions…</p>

<p>I’m currently a VCU student (just completed freshman year) looking to transfer to Virginia Tech as soon as possible. I was thinking either Spring of 2012 or Fall of 2012.</p>

<p>I wanted to know if its better to transfer for the Spring 2012 Semester?(I figured less applicants do that in the middle of the school year so it will be less competitive and I’ll have a better shot)</p>

<p>Also, be honest with me here.</p>

<p>I’m a VCU Mass Comm major, with a 3.308 GPA first semester, 3.25 GPA second semester. What are my chances of getting into Tech?</p>

<p>Also, what type of classes should I take to boost my transfer resume? Obviously the pre requisites for my major but anything else?</p>

<p>Any other tips and advice is appreciated!</p>

<p>For admission into the Engineering School, applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 college GPA. And if you have not yet gotten you offer of admission then probably you would not get in for the Fall 2011, but who knows maybe maricle might happen anytime for you. Just be courageous my friend. In my personal case, I applied for the Fall 2011 admission and I was lucky to received my letter mid-february.</p>

<p>Yeah I’m talking about Fall 2012 not 2011.</p>

<p>Is there convocation for transfers?</p>