Virginia tech Transfer students

<p>offered admission! :D</p>

<p>@spark can you tell me what classes you took last semester and this semester? i feel like im not going to have enough of the required classes.</p>

<p>congrats spark10!! did you have the hokie bird? and did you find out through the mail or online?</p>

<p>@marissad123, im currently at vcu as a bio major.</p>

<p>first semester - gpa: 3.57
UNIV101 intro to the university
FRSC202 crime and science
MATH200 calculus I
CHEM100 introductory chemistry
HUMS202 consumer society
SOCY101 general sociology</p>

<p>second semester -
MATH201 calculus II
BIOL151 intro to biological science I
BIOZ151 intro to biological science I lab
CHEM101 general chemistry I
CHEZ101 general chemistry I lab
UNIV112 focused inquiry II</p>

<p>high school credits - 11 AP credits
AP biology & lab
AP psychology
AP literature</p>

<p>@wishfulthinking8, i received an email earlier today from admissions saying to call them regarding my app. i called and they told me i was offered admission for fall under certain circumstances. i’m required to take some classes this summer and receive a minimum grade of a B in both classes in order to catch up with required courses for my major. after the convo, i checked the status page and the hokie bird was there!</p>

<p>@spark thank you and congratulations!!!</p>

<p>@spark sorry I’m asking a million questions but what classes do you have to take in the summer to catch up?</p>

<p>@marissad123, lol sall good. well at vcu i have credit for an earlier bio class because of my ap credits, but those credits wont transfer over to tech, so i basically need to take a freshman bio class (bio101) to fill in those requirements. and since vcu’s and tech’s chem classes are different, i’m behind in chem so they want me to take gen chem 2 (chem102 i think)</p>

<p>only 10 days left, and still no bird or mail from vt :(</p>

<p>is anybody else still waiting? can you post your stats please?</p>

<p>Im from nvcc, engineering major, 3.9 gpa and over 85 credits.</p>

<p>I am currently still waiting. I think at this point they have decided to make a decision based on our current semester grades at the end of the term. I don’t understand why else they have not notified us yet</p>

<p>ihatemonday, I can’t believe they will actually hesitate on a 3.9GPA student. Do you have upper division course units or other unusual factors that might bring you disadvantage?</p>

<p>i got a hokie bird!! not sure when it came up because I havent checked in a few days but it says “your transfer credit evaluation may be complete” then when i click on it it says There is no transfer evaluation processed as of this date. If you have forwarded all final copies of your transfer transcripts to us, please allow more time for processing. Continue to check this website for updates to your transfer credit record"…did anyone else’s say that when you clicked it?</p>

<p>hey marissa!! yess that is exactly what it said for me!!! I’m not sure exactly what the hokie bird means, but i got accepted a few days after I first saw the hokie bird! Good luck!! Please let us know if you made it!!</p>

<p>:D good!! thanks so much!! i will let you know for sure what happens!!</p>

<p>I was told to send in mid semester grades as well and have been waiting to hear back. Last night I checked and got a Hokie bird! It says “your transfer credit evaluation may be complete” but when I click on it it says “there is no transfer evaluation processed as of this date. If you have forwarded all final copies of your transfer transcripts to us, please allow more time for processing. Continue to check this website for updates to your transfer credit record” as well. What does this mean? Is it a good sign or bad sign? Did anyone that got rejected get this? I’m freaking out!! I have been waiting for months to hear back and I am just relieved I am finally getting something! UGH! This wait sucks.</p>

<p>congrats jerva03! I was told to send in midsemester grades too but have not heard back yet and have not received a hokie bird. I definitely think it’s a good sign that you have the bird! as for the “Continue to check this website for updates to your transfer credit record” message, I think it just means they’re waiting for your final semester grades to come in or are still processing your transfer credits. It seems like other people have had the same message, so I wouldn’t worry about it. If you don’t mind me asking, what are your transfer stats and GPA?</p>

<p>Transferring from NVCC
3.5 gpa @ Nova. I submitted about 45 (maybe more) credits but I should have like 61 by the end of this summer after I finish my AS at nova. She wanted an accounting grade and a calculus grade. I got an A in accounting and B in calculus so hopefully I get in! Trying to transfer to BIT.</p>

<p>Accepted!!!</p>

<p>Accepted also!!! yesss</p>

<p>have any of you been invited to the honors program? </p>

<p>i’m trying to apply, but i wasn’t invited. is that possible?</p>

<p>Giving up my spot. Going to unc, uva, or william and mary</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID2 using CC App</p>