VT Business Chances

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I was wondering what my chance are for VT Pampin Busines School. I want to pusue a degree in Finance and minor in German. I want to eventually go into international business, so I would like to study abroad as well.</p>

<p>I have an uncle who went to VT and graduated out of Pampin. I know he would be willing to write me a letter and that might help my chances as well. </p>

<p>If any one has any info on the above info please let me know. </p>

<p>Here is my info and please tell me my chances. </p>

<p>GPA: 3.95 unweighted
Top 10% of my class.
ACT: 26 </p>

<p>About 15 Honors classes and will have 4 APs by the end of my Senior year (my school only offers 6)-A's in all AP</p>

<p>ECs:
-Volunteering at Hospital in the summer </p>

<p>-About 100 hours of random volunteering with various organizations</p>

<p>-Work part time at Chick-fil-A (3 yrs)</p>

<p>-Lettered in Band, Bowling, Football</p>

<p>-Writer for School Paper</p>

<p>-Member of Mock Trial for 4 yrs. </p>

<p>-I have a lot of various community serive hours like tornado recovery, Red Cross, charities, and school volunteering</p>

<p>-Member of NHS</p>

<p>-Member of BETA</p>

<p>-Member of DECA and FBLA</p>

<p>Awards:</p>

<p>Billy Mitchell Award- c/2ndLt. in Civil Air Patrol (equivalent of Eagle Scout)</p>

<p>I was also an International DECA competitor (business and marketing club) for creating a business and went to Anaheim CA.</p>

<p>I also attended the TN Governor's School for International Studies at the University of Memphis. I was a student there and took classes in Political Science and Microeconomics</p>

<p>Also...I won't need a scholarship for tuition, but I will need financial aid for room and board (its a long explanation.) What sort of aid do you think I could get.</p>

<p>Thanks for reading!!</p>

<p>I’m not especially familiar with the ACT and how it correlates to the SAT, but yours seems a little low considering your GPA. VT is very numbers driven, the letter sounds like a nice idea but don’t count on it holding much, if any, weight. Your awards sound good, they should help. Overall, I’d like to say you are a shoo-in, but this year kind of messed up everybody’s idea of what is safe or not. No guarantees with financial aid anywhere you apply, just make sure you get your FAFSA in on time. Study abroad shouldn’t be a problem.</p>

<p>Thanks…anyone else???</p>

<p>bump…</p>

<p>bump…any info would be appreciated</p>

<p>It’s Pamplin not Pampin. You shouldn’t have any problem getting into VT but I’m not sure about Pamplin. I think it’s more competitive. Maybe someone else can chime in.</p>

<p>You are are going to get into the university, but a 26 ACT is equivalent to 1170-1200. That’s not terrible but to get into the Business/Architecture/Engineering Colleges then you need to have that in the 1200 range. I would commend retaking either the ACT or SAT and trying to get a 1200/1600 scale+ equivalent on standardized test.</p>

<p>Ok thanks guys…sorry about that typo</p>