Waitlist

Did not get in for Mechanical SAT 1540 GPA 4.1
Too bad they did not let us know earlier

Rejected from waitlist for environmental engineering. 1500 SAT and 4.3 CSU GPA. Did anyone else forget to put middle school math on his/her application? I’m thinking that’s the killer for some of us. Community college it is

Rejected for Animal Science

Rejected ?

Major: Computer Science
Calculated MCA: 5300+
ACT: 33
CSU GPA: 4.20
In-state applicant
AP/IB Student

good luck guys <3

@lumpialove, sorry for your rejection. I’m sure you have other good options. I believe your MCA is miscalculated though. It’s academic now, but if you want to PM me we can go through it.

unfortunately, i don’t have any where else to go, other than CC which is not a bad option. ill PM you about MCA

@eyemgh uhh for some reason, i can’t PM you or have the option to PM you

D Rejected from waitlist for environmental engineering. 1540 SAT and 4.3 CSU GPA, around 4700 MCA, in state

@hopefulmum68, my guess, based on the GPA and SAT is that she forgot her middle school math on her application. Based on her stats though, I’m sure she will have many other good options. Good luck.

@lumpialove , I believe you have to have made a certain number of posts before you can PM, but, unfortunately, I don’t remember the exact number.

@berkeleymom4, we got connected. Error in MCA.

@lumpialove - there are other options available that are still taking applications - try the Arizona schools and I know there are others - you can get great merit aid at some of them with your GPA and a fine education as well!

@lumpialove Arizona State is very generous if your gpa is over 3.5. Up to 20k off yearly. They have a merit calculator that is fairly accurate. https://scholarships.asu.edu/estimator. Area reps are very responsive if you call them. Good Luck.

@hopefulmum68 this does not make any since he didnt get in. What lucky university will he be attending?

@eyemgh based on the impressive sat scores and GPA of students who were rejected, would you say the applicants are based on first come first service

@Cyla, no. Acceptances, both first round and off the waitlist, are in order of MCA rank. Comparing GPAs and test scores is meaningless for multiple reasons. First and foremost, most posters use their HS weighted GPA. Weighting is all over the map. CP does not use the weighted GPA, only the UC/CSU calculated GPA. Next test scores are misleading, especially the ACT. CP does not use the composite, only math and English. If either are a students lowest score, what CP uses can be several points lower their composite. Stats don’t account for rigor or ECs either. That’s why MCA is the only apples to apples comparison. My suspicion is that in addition to the above, some of the rejected high stats students left off their middle school language and math grades. That has a negative impact on the MCA of several hundred points.

I MADE IT IN OFF THE WAITLIST AS A TRANSFER FOR AEROSPACE. Best day of my life ??

Any other transfers heard back about the waitlist?

I’m a transfer still on the waitlist for Computer Science. Checking my portal everyday…

I’m a waitlisted transfer for Business Admin. and still check my portal everyday hoping for the best.