Washington U. in St Louis Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is not at all true. The vast, vast majority(over 90%) of ACCEPTED students do not get to the final round of scholars or any other “scholar” offers. Non-need-based merit at WashU is extremely rare. Take some deep breaths and wait until RD date.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if I still have more chances at those scholarships. Like if an accepted student chooses to not attend would that scholarship carry over to other applicant?

No, you can still get in with the scholarship, but its way way way harder

I don’t remember my daughter applied for any scholarship…so everyone applied? Oh She probably did something wrong…

I didn’t apply for the merit scholarships either. There were additional essays and I just ran out of time. It was hard enough just to get the app in!

Yeah, that must be her reason as well…thanks…

Does it look bad if you didn’t apply for the scholarships?

Dows anyone know when RD will come out?

3 Likes

Last year we received our notification on 3/24 if that helps!

5 Likes

In CSS, the date for financial aid award is listed as 3/23, which makes me think that is likely the day, especially if last year’s date was 3/24.

6 Likes

they just confirmed this via the email!

3 Likes

Did Wash U send out email confirming the decision date (3/23)? Thank You!

3 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Did anyone’s Wash U app move from Complete to In Progress in their slate account? Ours had been in the Complete section and just moved back to In Progress today.

3 Likes

Mine also moves to In Progress from Complete

Mine too!

Ours as well. Oh my, not sure how to interpret this…maybe not good…results are out next week…so far the admit we got is in complete section

What do you mean?

Schools are listed in “in progress” and “complete” sections. I don’t know others’ experience, So far, the admitted schools are in the complete section, but one rejection is in complete section as well. The school we got waitlisted are in “in progress” section. Again, this doesn’t tell us anything. I am just speculating to pass time….

Hmm, mine still says in progress.

4 Likes