Weather

<p>I am from Seattle, Washington and want to go to Purdue but have heard that the weather is not very forgiving. Lest I go there, find out I hate it, and then leave, I would appreciate getting some information on how the whether is. I am planning on majoring in engineering so I will most likely be staying inside studying anyway but I still want to be prepared for when the bad comes. Thank you for your help.</p>

<p>Temperature Averages
Spring – High: 62 °F
Spring – Low: 41 °F
Summer – High: 84 °F
Summer – Low: 63 °F
Fall – High: 65 °F
Fall – Low: 44 °F
Winter – High: 37 °F
Winter – Low: 21 °F</p>

<p>Precipitation Averages
Spring: 3.42 in.
Summer: 3.99 in.
Fall: 2.70 in.
Winter: 2.00 in.</p>

<p>Considering I have only been there once, I can’t say much about the actually weather, but these are the averages that were listed on College *******.</p>

<p>Right now, it’s 11 degrees. It snowed all day yesterday. Winter basically sucks so find good snow shoes because the sidewalks turn into this slushy snow mixture that’s hard to walk in. And also get good winter coats/winter wear and such. </p>

<p>The weather can also be very random. I distinctly remember last spring when it was really sunny all day then it started thunder storming out of no where; no clouds before the storm or anything. I also highly recommend carrying a small umbrella in your backpack 24/7. Not that it rains a lot, just that you will be in class all day and the weather easily changes on you (and you’ll be SOL without an umbrella when it starts down pouring randomly and have to get to another class across campus).</p>

<p>Indiana, like most of the Midwest, has four distinct seasons. Some people love that variety; others hate the extremes.</p>

<p>Unless you plan to stay all summer, you would experience spring and fall in the Midwest, along with winter. I’m a native Midwesterner, so I’m biased, but not much is prettier than spring and fall in the heart of America.</p>

<p>When we toured Purdue in April, it was a beautiful sunny day (sun–that’s the thing you don’t see all that often in Seattle, right?). Flowers were blooming, the grass was green, the trees were starting to open up. The tour guide mentioned how the students run through all the fountains on campus for special occasions, like big football wins. There is nothing quite as spectacular as football weekend in the fall when all the leaves change colors.</p>

<p>So, if you can handle winter with snow, frequent single-digit temperatures, gray skies, you will be fine. Summer is hot–and there’s no beach close by!</p>

<p>Yeah expect single-digit temperatures as olderwisermom said. </p>

<p>dixie03 mentioned how the weather can change by the hour. It’s always nice to have an umbrella in your backpack just in case. However, being from Seattle I’m sure rain is nothing for you :P</p>

<p>My family lives in Seattle and I know how the weather is like over there. It’s a lot colder over here and it is quite windy. The gray overcast skies is the same over here.</p>