Welcome to the new CC Forums!

I”m pretty sure Coastal Carolina University isn’t a College Major.

“Other” usually goes at the end of a list, not alphabetized.

Listing the universities in non-alphabetic order violates pretty much everything an English speaker has learned. If you really can’t put “University of X” in with the U’s, at least list it as “X, University of” so English speakers scanning the list aren’t completely thrown.

Except for University of Texas, of course, the one that is actually alphabetical with the U’s. Except for having “The” in front of it so it’s actually not alphabetical, unlike every other university. Even infamous The Ohio State University.

I am still having issues with quotes and links showing up properly in some threads like the school and coronavirus first part thread. I also noticed that two of the threads I am reading do not show up in my unread topics list. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Can

“To unsubscribe from these emails, [click here]”

be changed to:

“To unsubscribe from this thread, [click here]”

or

“To unsubscribe from this category, [click here]”

or

“To unsubscribe from this site, [click here]”

depending on the actual result?

1 Like

The battery drain is crazy bad. The “webpage is using significant energy” message is constantly popping up tonight. I can’t use my laptop with this site unless it’s plugged in.

I tried to reply to this thread twice and both times I hit “reply” instead of the reply box coming up, it took me to another thread.

I’m just about to call it quits for good.

2 Likes

@CC_Sorin, The battery drain is ~3 hours for every ~15 minutes I’m on CC, and that’s only if my phone is fully charged. If the charge is closer to 50% it drops faster. I can’t have that, Sorin. I carry a phone for emergencies. If I have to think about how much battery life my phone has every time I use your app, I won’t be able to use it.

2 Likes

@austinmshauri, this is consistent with what’s happening to me as well. I have flagged it to the tech team.

Thanks, @CC_Sorin.

Do you know what the difference is between the “Latest” category and the “New” category? It seems redundant.

@RichInPitt, I moved it to the Musical Theater Schools forum.

Today’s challenges:

Still jumping around during the “scroll”.

Font changed on its own.

Battery drain continues.

Post numbers hiding the reply button on my phone.

Edited to add that the preview didn’t match what was initially posted.

Using this on a phone is horrible. Text box jumps all over the screen

Please fix!

1 Like

Why musical theater? That list needs to be removed. No other college major has a list of colleges.

Just put Coastal Carolina in the list of colleges

2 Likes

I updated the category name to include “MT” since all the threads were related to the musical theater program. And I alphabetized the Musical Theater category.

Good catch! I fixed the ones I found. I couldn’t find any other categories that fit that pattern (“miscellaneous”, for instance).

Fixed. Or rather, I moved it next to the other Texas schools. I also cleaned up a few other things in the school categories such as some schools at the bottom what weren’t alphabetized and some stray musical theater programs listed under the general schools category.

Having a huge block of “University of X” schools in the U section is not helpful at all. I like your suggestion of “X, University of”, but it gets a little tricky with, say, “Illinois - Chicago, University of”. That’s hard to parse.

The school index is a temporary solution. We have some ideas for a more useful presentation that we’ll explore in the future. I’m glad to have suggestions for when we look at it again.

No idea. It’s been that way for a long time, though: Musical Theater Major - College Discussion

I still say…that lengthy list of schools with musical theater majors needs to be placed under the heading “colleges with musical theater programs” and place it in the musical theater major area.

We don’t have huge college lists for any other major on the landing page. Not one other major. Why this one?

2 Likes

Have you ever accidentally gotten in the way of a musical theater parent? Clearly not, because you’re still alive. That’s why.

(I joke, I joke, I promise! But y’all have to admit, there’s a certain reputation out there.)

2 Likes

It may be helpful if the long lists of colleges (both musical theater and the general list) could be folded and unfolded like lists on many other web sites.

3 Likes

This is the best solution. Frankly it makes sense to keep the MT discussions separate, it is a very different process. More than once I have opened something up using “latest posts” and it took me a minute to realize they were talking about something similar but very different than most of us are looking at.

I think it is kind of like the prep-school forum. It needs to be separated. Actually for both if there could be some kind of flag at the top to let people know it isn’t a regular college program that would be helpful. However right now there are much more pressing problems. Maybe file that away to look at in March. :smiley:

OK, I really hate when it takes out my quoted text. Yes, I was quoting the post right before mine. But on a thread where there are many ideas being posted, if you don’t have that context it is hard to know what I am replying to.

So FYI, my immediately preceding post was a reply to @ucbalumnus.

So is there a way (or will there be one) where I can tell which threads I have read?

Does anybody know how to upload screenshots from a Pixel 2XL? I still have “webpage not available” messages on my screen. And I woke up today to a totally white screen, so that’s awesome.