Wesleyan Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Yes I did as well, I don’t think it’s a sign

1 Like

The most current CDS is out.

3 Likes

The difference between Male and Female Acceptances is pretty big. (22% and 17%)

Seems similar to Vassar, Conn, Skidmore, etc.

1 Like

Is #colleges-and-universities:wesleyan-university Regular decision date this weekend? Lots of other LAC appear to be on Friday and Saturday

It may not represent a coincidence that the three schools you chose for comparison are all former women’s colleges, however.

If you go back a half century, sure. What may be more relevant is that they all have strong theater and/or dance departments.

1 Like

They seem to release on Saturdays so my guess would be this weekend or next!

2 Likes

Emory, Hamilton, Oberlin …

1 Like

My educated guess would be that it has more to do with their not having strong engineering programs; see in contrast Swarthmore which has engineering, RPI, Lehigh…

1 Like

Based on IPEDS data for the most recent year available, the acceptance rate for male and female applicants to Emory (20%, 19%) and Hamilton (19%, 18%) differed by only 1 percentage point, however.

https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=Emory&s=all&id=139658#admsns

https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=Hamilton&s=all&id=191515#admsns

NO! :grimacing:

Fun Fact: When Wesleyan became co-ed in 1969, the big question was whether it could ever attract enough women to make their admission competitive with men. They seem to have exceeded expectations!

3 Likes

Big day today on CC for many schools – any intel on when Wesleyan is notifying RD applicants?

6 Likes

Did anyone recently receive an email asking if they would be seeking financial aid?

Hoping it will be this Friday? Any other ideas?

1 Like

Last year was Saturday, so more likely that, but who knows?

1 Like

Do they typically send an email saying when decisions will be out before hand?

2 Likes

Seriously ■■■ is going on with them? All the other schools my kid is applying have communicated a date.

1 Like

I believe it will be Saturday the 26th