West Chester Nursing

I applied to West Chester’s nursing program on September 10th, I got a letter in the mail on October 31st stating that my application was going to be passed on to another round. Did anyone else get this? Is this a good thing or bad thing, since it was kind of hard to draw conclusions from the letter? And, does anyone know when a decision will be made?

My daughter got the same letter but it was dated November 18th. What were your stats? What other programs did you get into?

4.38 weighted GPA, 1180 SAT’s, 11 AP classes, 200+ volunteer hours, 3 varsity sports as well as many other clubs. Also hold a leadership role at my HS only 5 students selected by principal

Did either of you hear back yet? We applied in October and on November 3rd they requested his 1st quarter grades, as of today still nothing.

My daughter got in today.

I heard back today. I got into WCU, however not the nursing program. I’m just confused because I got into Penn State University Park’s nursing program, which is far more challenging. So I’m curious as to how they base decisions! It all works out though since PSU has been my #1 since birth :slight_smile:

Maybe West Chester cares more about SAT scores than Penn State, and/or accepts a smaller percentage of nursing applicants than Penn State. Since West Chester’s tuition for nursing majors is so much lower than Penn State’s, it is a very, very popular choice, and competition is stiff for admission. Also, some potential nursing majors may decide not to apply to Penn State because they don’t want to have to leave State College for the year in Hershey.

My son applied September 30, they requested his first quarter grades November 13. We’ve heard nothing yet. I called admissions and asked generally about the status and they said that typically they look for a 3.75 GPA and a 1275 minimum SAT and this year they had a very large number of applicants that fell a bit under that and required “committee review”. She said that having much more of those makes everything takes longer. It’s my son’s first choice and the last school we are waiting to hear from!