What are my chances at Cal Poly SLO? (panicking)

So, I messed up freshman year and got a terrible gpa. I made up for it sophomore and junior year, but I fear that it isn’t enough. I’ve taken almost all the hardest classes that I could take every year possible. I’m currently doing SAT prep right now with only a 1330, but a 130 point improvement since I began. I’m not really sure of my MCA score right now, but I assume it’s around the 4500s as I have rigorous courses, lots of extracurriculars and a semi-decent? CSU gpa. Here are my classes and ECs and all that other stuff needed.
8th Grade
Alg 1 B and B
Spanish 1 A and B

9th Grade
English 9H B and B
AP Human Geography B and A
Biology Honors B and B
Geometry B and B
Spanish 2 B and B
Varsity Tennis

Summer after 9th
Health A and A
Computer Applications A and A

10th grade
English 10H A and A
AP World History A and A
Chemisty Honors B and B
Spanish 3 Honors A and A
Algebra 2 A and A
Drivers Ed A and had free period 2nd semester
Varsity Tennis

Summer after 10th
Pre-calculus A and A

11th Grade
IB Math HL B and B
IB Physics SL A and A
IB English HL A and A
IB History HL A and A
IB Spanish SL A and A
AP Government B / Theory of Knowledge A
Varsity Tennis

Summer after 11th
Intro to Business at Moorpark College A (expected)
Film Analysis A and A (expected)

Intended 12th grade courses
IB Math HL
IB Biology SL
Theory of Knowledge / AP Macroeconomics
IB English HL
IB Spanish SL2
IB History HL
Varsity Tennis

I have a position of leadership in Economics club and several other clubs, with lots of volunteering hours.
Can someone calculate my GPA and MCA score? I would like to know my chances going in as a Business Administration major. Will my low GPA be a deciding factor? I can probably get my SAT score up to a 1400+.

Plug your grades into the RogerHub calculator but include your 9th grades also in the calculation with a cap of 8 semesters of honors points for the UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses taken 10-11th grades.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Check the SLO Freshman profile to see how your CSU SLO GPA and test scores compares with 2017’s incoming Freshman Class. 2018 data not yet posted.

Business: Average SLO GPA was 4.01 and SAT of 1390. Projected acceptance rate of Bus Admin= 28%

Link to calculate MCA score: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2047291-how-to-calculate-mca-score.html

You have not given enough information to calculate your MCA points so you should give it a try.

My GPA is only like 3.83… I hate how the CSU calculates GPA, but my MCA is in the 4600s. How will I compete with others?

SLO is the only CSU that uses 9-11th grades. The rest of the CSU’s use 10-11th grades so hopefully you will apply to several other CSU’s that have good Business Admin programs such as CSU Fullerton, Long Beach, San Jose State, San Diego State to name a few.

All you can do is apply and see what happens. Have you checked the MCA scores for Business admin admits from this year? How do you compare/

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2060363-2018-final-status.html

Thank you, just gotta hope for the best by the time apps roll around. Maybe I can get into UC Berkeley if I get my SAT score high enough since my weighted 10-12 GPA is 4.41. It’s tragic SLO counts freshman year for me.

@ningak5: You will have many options including several of the UC’s if you do get your SAT scores up. UCLA/UCB consider your fully weighted UC GPA but what is your capped weighted UC GPA since that is GPA most quoted in comparing your stats?

Welp capped 4.1 gpa.

Below are the admit rates based on Capped weighted UC GPA and not major specific, so competitive majors will have lower rates (2017).

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 12.6%
UCLA: 11.7%
UCSD: 38.7%
UCSB: 53.6%
UCD: 56.5%
UCI: 52.1%
UCSC: 75.7%
UCR: 90.1%
UCM: 96.1%

For comparison purposes, but you want to aim to be at or above the 50th percentile for the best chances.

25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1280-1490

UCLA: 1280-1500
UCSD: 1250-1470
UCSB: 1210- 1450
UCD: 1190-1430
UCI: 1190-1420
UCSC: 1170-1380
UCR: 1090-1310
UCM: 1020-1230

Update: Got a 1390 on my SAT :confused: pretty bummed. Do i stand a good chance ?

I would not say you have a “good” chance but you have chance. All depends upon how you stack up against the other applicants. UCR, SDSU, CSULB, CPP, CSU Fullerton are all within reach. UCI as a possible outside chance.
Apply widely and have a couple safeties.