What are my chances of being accepted into the University of Miami?

Hi, I’m a current junior at a college preparatory boarding school in New Jersey. I have a 3.87 GPA and I scored 1340 on the new SAT last month. I took two AP classes this year (US History and English Literature) and will be taking two more next year, along with an independent study on race relations in America after the era of the Civil Rights Movement and an elective on Harlem Renaissance literature. I will have taken four years of Mandarin Chinese by the end of my senior year. I am a varsity athlete, though I am not recruitable. I perform in three musical ensembles at my school and obtain leading or supporting roles in two stage productions per year. I play four instruments and love Latin American music, so naturally I’m drawn to the city of Miami. I would be applying to the College of Arts and Sciences, as I’m unsure of my major, but I will probably focus on something to do with Chinese or economics and history. I need some aid but not a lot. I love the city of Miami and I’ve heard great things about the University and how it has drastically changed its reputation from being known as a party school to being a respected and powerful research university at the crossroads of the Americas. Do you think the University of Miami would accept me?

I think you definitely have a good chance but I’m a high school student so don’t rely on what I say.

Thanks, anyways!

If Miami is your first choice, you should consider applying Early Decision or Early Action.

Good Luck

If the 1340 is out of 1600 I’m fairly certain you will get in and get at least 16,000 a year in aid.