What are some films like Melancholia?

Okay so this is not about college admissions but it’s about my IB Film class so maybe some of you might help. Do you know any other films like Melancholia?

Some criterias are:

• Director's directing style: Von Trier is a controversial director and I am looking for a film that is similar to his directing style. You knıw what I mean if you watched his films.
  • Psychological Concepts: Melancholia is a film about depression and it also portrays how people respond to death, so it is a very psychological film. It actually discusses one of the theories of Sigmund Freud.
  • Movement: Melancholia is a Dogme 95 movie. There might be some other films that are also a drama film and Dogme 95.

So do you think there is any film that fits to all of the 3 criterias? Any film that fits to 2/3 would be fine as well. Also since Von Trier is a Danish director, the film should not be from another Danish director. It should be from a different culture. I would be really happy if you helped!

I wanted to post this on reddit but it automatically removes to post somehow. I don’t know.

Check out Pan’s Labyrinth.