What do parents typically wear for Stamps/Singer weekend?

<p>I know that this is a fairly silly question, but I don't want to be under-dressed (or overdressed). I found plenty of info in this forum on what the students wear, but not the parents. I only plan on taking a carry-on for each of us (no checked luggage), so I don't have room to pack several different options!</p>

<p>My mom wore a t-shirt and shorts, dad wore polo and shorts. Much more casual for the parents than for the kids.</p>

<p>I did not see many people wearing shorts at the dinner and presentations the first night.</p>

<p>I would think that slacks and a shirt would be good for both days. I would think that shorts at a dinner hosted by a university would be under-dressed. Just my opinion.</p>

<p>I wore casual dresses both days. I would not wear shorts to the Friday night function. Dresses are easy to pack and comfortable (and cool if the weather is warm). Bring a light sweater though. Rooms are air conditioned and can be cool. Good luck to all attending!</p>

<p>My DF (not an acronym often used here) wore a button down and slacks. As I recall he was perfectly dressed for the occasion. Also make sure to check the weather and think about rain gear as it poured on my campus tour. </p>

<p>Thank you all for you input. I would love to wear a dress to the dinner, but I don’t know if there will be time to check into the hotel and change first. I’m coming from up north where it will be around 15 - 20 degrees when I get on the plane, so I don’t want to wear anything too light weight. I was thinking of wearing jeans and a nice shirt on the flight, but don’t want to get stuck wearing jeans to the dinner if that will be totally inappropriate. Dilemma . . .</p>

<p>A pair of nice pants would be better for the lovely dinner…I don’t recall anyone wearing jeans when we were there. Most women were in dresses or black pants/blouse…and it was hot outdoors, bur freezing in the room where the dinner was! Bring a sweater!</p>

<p>Whoops, I was just talking about Saturday. Definitely more dressy Friday night.</p>