What do you think about me?

<p>I have a 3.4 GPA, my sat scores are currently a 1950 and my act is a 29. I'm a member of the national honor society, I go to one of the top high schools in my state. I have a ton of medical related community service (I'm an EMT & I volunteer at a nursing home) I have a part time job and a lot of extracurriculars.
I'm a senior and this is my list:
UConn, UMass Amherst, UNew Hampshire, UVermont, Drexel, Northeastern, Fairfield, St Anselm, Simmons, Boston College</p>

<p>The thing that worries me is my low gpa. I was sick for a lot of my first two years of highschool and my grades really suffered and I have explained that in my essay but I'm still worried. I feel like my sat/act scores show that I am smart, but my gpa will make it seem like I am just lazy.</p>

<p>What do you think? Should I add in a more definite safety school?
Right now I feel like my safeties are st anselm, Unew hampshire and simmons, although I love all their campuses (especially St A) and would still be thrilled if I could go to one of them.</p>

<p>Being an EMT is impressive to me. And your ACT is good.</p>

<p>Yes, your gpa is a bit low, but you are not applying to Ivy League schools, so you should be fine. Except for Boston College, that is.</p>

<p>Is your “weighted” gpa better (honors and AP classes)?</p>

<p>I think one mistake you are making is applying to only northeastern schools.
The northeast, and California, are very competitive areas.</p>

<p>Your stats would probably go a lot farther in the midwest and the south.</p>

<p>That being said, simply add one safety, like U Mass Boston, or something like that. </p>

<p>Or perhaps University of Rhode Iisland, or University of Maine, since it looks like you prefer New England</p>