What does this mean?(Email from IU)

I submitted my application to Indiana about 2 weeks ago, I know that it is rolling and I very much believe that I’ll get in, but I am trying to decide what this email means.

Subject: You are IN-vited to an IU Football Game Day!

Body: Dear …,

In recognition of your academic achievements, the Office of Scholarships would like to invite you to attend one of our Game Day events at Indiana University!

It will be a lot of fun and filled with great food, a ton of giveaways and t-shirts, and you’ll be provided with TWO football tickets for you and a guest! Also, you and your guest will have the opportunity to chat with current IU students and staff from the Office of Scholarships, Office of Admissions, and other resources on campus. All of our staff and current students are so excited to meet you and answer any questions you might have about IU!

Register TODAY for IU Game Days at Indiana University!

Space is VERY limited and tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. As soon as we reach our maximum tent/ticket capacity, a waitlist will be enacted. To ensure your spot, register today! You may choose to join us at one of the following games:

September 19 - IU vs. Western Kentucky (event begins at 2:00 p.m. - kickoff is at 4:00 p.m.)

November 7 - IU vs. Iowa (to be determined)

The time of the Iowa game has not been set yet. Once it has officially been set, an email will be sent to all registrants indicating what time the Game Day event begins. We wish you all the best as you begin your senior year and hope to see you at a Game Day this fall in Bloomington.

Go Hoosiers!
Rons Signature
Ron McFall
Director
Office of Scholarships

it means they WANT YOU!!!

I don’t think that that has anything to do with your application, I also got that email and I have not and do not intend to apply there:) I think that they just send the email out to everyone in their system to get people excited about applying/ attending! Just another marketing strategy, don’t worry about it!

I don’t think they mean much of anything. I get emails and mail from Dartmouth, Cornell, Columbia, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, UChicago, Emory and more that I’m not thinking of at the moment, and I can tell you with certainty that if I applied to all of those schools, I would be accepted to maybe 2.

I have also been receiving mail from all those places but i was thrown off by the “you are IN-vited”

You’ll get invited to all sorts of things. They want your application. They want to woo you. Remember, you’re the potential source of 4 years of tuition. You’re a commodity. You’ll see many “special applications” or “apply now and we’ll waive your fee” things. It’s all marketing and most schools feel compelled to do it. The IU thing certainly is working with you. Maybe it’ll turn you onto something you hadn’t considered…