What genres, songs, and artists do you all enjoy?

<p>If I had to rank the genres of music I listen to the most, it would go:
1. Rock
2. Pop
3. Oldies
4. Dubstep/Electronic
5.Rap
6. Country</p>

<p>Rock: I love everything from classic to modern rock! If we're talking classic, my favorite band would have to be Rush. The Beatles, Queen, Elton John, The Trashmen, Led Zeppelin, and much more. "Philadelphia Freedom" by Elton John is my favorite classic rock song, and also most favorite song of all time! If we're talking modern rock, my favorite would have to be Green Day. Paramore, The Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park, Muse, Rammstein, Story of the Year, Incubus, Saliva, The Silversun Pickups, and Rise Against. "Interstate Love Song" by The Stone Temple Pilots is my favorite modern rock song.</p>

<p>Pop: Even though most pop music is crap now a days, there is the occasional good song that comes out every once in a while. My favorite pop song would have to be "Good Time" by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen. I sometimes listen to it more than four times a day! Call Me Maybe, Feel So Close, Let's Go, Fireflies, and Heart Attack are amongst the many examples of the pop songs that inhabit my iPod.</p>

<p>Oldies: I LOVE MOTOWN!!! The Marvelettes, Martha Reeves and The Vandellas, The Crystals, Ben E. King, Ray Charles, Tavares, George McCrae, New Edition, MICHEAL JACKSON, and Sam Cooke are among the many examples of oldies. My favorite songs would have to be: A Change is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke), Please Mr. Postman (The Marvelettes), What'd I Say and Georgia on my Mind (Ray Charles), Then He Kissed Me (The Crystals), I Want You Back (The Jackson 5), and Cool It Now (New Edition).</p>

<p>Dubstep/Electronic: I have few songs from this genre, but they are all good! Skrillex, Deadmau5, Passion Pit, and Ratatat are the only artists in this musical category. The songs would be: Sleepyhead and Little Secrets (Passion Pit), Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites and Breakin' a Sweat (Skrillex), Raise Your Weapons (Deadmau5), and Loud Pipes (Ratatat).</p>

<p>Rap: I CAN'T STAND TODAY'S "Rap!!" People like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, and French Montana make this genre REALLY undesirable; therefore, I listen to mostly 80's rap. The Sugar Hill Gang, Tone Loc, and Rob Base round out this genre. Apache (Sugar Hill Gang), Funky Cold Medina (Tone Loc), and Joy and Pain (Rob Base) are my favorite rap songs. Also, I like "Headlines" by Drake.</p>

<p>Country: I like only three songs from this genre; nevertheless, they are all good. "Red Solo Cup" by Toby Keith, "Country Roads, Take Me Home" by John Denver, and "I Knew You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift (even though it's really pop).</p>

<p>What genres, songs, and artists do you all enjoy?</p>

<p>That’s a lot! :slight_smile: I listen to a mix of everything, but my favorite genres are probably pop, R&B, and country.
For Pop: Carly Rae Jepsen grated my nerves a little bit in the beginning, but I actually like some of her songs now! I like Ariana Grande (I listen to “The Way” at least 5 times a day), Rihanna, Beyonce, Jojo (miss her), Adele, Demi Lovato, Jordin Sparks, Katy Perry, Priscilla Renea, Esther Dean. Rihanna’s newest album is my favorite of hers. I like “Numb”, “Loveeeee Song”, “Right Now”, and “Pour it Up”.</p>

<p>Country: I LOVE LOVE Country. My friends sometimes tease me about it, but whatever, as long as I enjoy it right? Rascall Flatts is my favorite…“Bless the Broken Road”, “Life is a Highway”, “My Wish”, “Stand”, “These Days”, “What Hurts the Most”…I could go on lol. I like The Band Perry, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Florida-Georgia Line especially. “Get Your Shine On” and “Cruise” are constantly on repeat. </p>

<p>Dubstep: I’m just starting to get into dubstep. Mostly the stuff thats plays on the radio: “Alive” by Krewella, “Clarity” by Zedd, and “Glowing” by Nikki Williams are all really good. I just learned about Flosstradamus, so I’m listening to some of their stuff.</p>

<p>Rap: I agree with you, I don’t like most of today’s rap. I like it in the sense that it’s catchy, the beat is good, but the lyrics don’t really have any substance. I don’t feel like any of today’s rappers are really “above and beyond”. My favorite is Drake, but I’m a bit biased since I loved/love Degrassi lol. I like “Headlines”, “Underground Kings”, “The Motto” (before it got overplayed), “No New Friends”, “Make Me Proud”, “Started from the Bottom”. “Best I Ever Had” will always be my #1 favorite though, I think that’s the song that really made me like him. </p>

<p>R&B: Despite any negative opinions, I will always like Chris Brown. I don’t respect him anymore as a person, but his talent is undeniable. “Fortune” is my favorite album from him. It’s well-rounded; It appeals to a lot of different audiences: pop, rap/R&B, a little dubstep/electronic. “Stuck on Stupid” and “Don’t Judge Me” literally give me chills. </p>

<p>Besides that, I like a lot of random bands/songs. “Kiss Me Slowly” by Parachute, “Tonight I Love You” by The Latency, “Brace Yourself” by Ellis (AMAZING.), “If It Mean a Lot to You” by A Day to Remember, “Hotblack” by Oceanship, and “Cupid de Locke” by the Smashing Pumpkins are some of my top favorites.
Wow, I didn’t know I liked music this much lol</p>

<p>Edit: Forgot to add Michael Jackson, who could forget…</p>

<p>I like almost everything except metal & country with a few exceptions.</p>

<p>I have alot of rock on my phone’s mp3 list but R&B is my favorite!</p>

<p>I didnt know Zedd “clarity” was dubstep but I like it & that UK dual “I dont care”</p>

<p>I dont really like most of the current music nowadays but Wale & Future are good.</p>

<p>For rock besides Friday Night boys or Hit the lights, I like Paramore.</p>

<p>Sent from my C5155 using CC</p>

<p>Forgot to add Im really into Maxwell atm………i didmt like him at first though.</p>

<p>^ Maxell’s “This Woman’s Work” is my song. Love & Basketball aha</p>

<p>Lol i like that song too :D</p>

<ol>
<li>Pop</li>
<li>Asian pop (K-pop/J-pop)</li>
<li>R&B</li>
<li>Hip-Hop/Rap</li>
<li>Alternative</li>
</ol>

<p>All i listen to are oldies! Anybody heard juicy fruit, you me and he, computer love? I have so many more to list!</p>

<p>@Buttafly13
I LOVE THAT SONG…Woo!!
I really tend to listen to a lot of different music.
I detest today’s rap and hip hop . LIL Wayne, Drake, Meek Mill, and Chief Keef are terrible. But I really enjoy listening to Kendrick Lamar, OutKast (old), Jay Z, Old Kanye, Nas, and I looooove J. Cole! Just bought born sinner and it’s great.
I also adore Frank Ocean…his voice is amazing. The Weeknd is good for when you’re just in one of those moods. Whenever you’re just in a care free dance mood I like to listen to the ratchet twerk music.</p>

<p>It’s kinda impossible to avoid pop nowadays. But I enjoy listening to a good catchy hook. I like whatever’s playing on the radio. I really like train and one of my favorite songs is Drops of Jupiter. Old maroon 5 (songs about Jane) is constantly on my shuffle. Also like John Mayor and Gavin Degraw. Not sure if anyone knows the Swedish Pop group Miike Snow? They’re great! Dont judge but I also love 1D!</p>

<p>As far as rock I really tend to listen to mainstream alternative artists…oxymoron? Lol I like the fray, KINGS OF LEON :), and the script. Also have the classics by journey, queen, and the Beatles. Lifehouse, Hinder, and O.A.R are decent as well.
Im sure I left some off…but oh well!</p>

<p>–When it comes to rap I pretty much listen to all the artist you’ve all mentioned, but I enjoy underground cool rap like Dom Kennedy-- check out “1997”, Smoke DZA, Casey Veggies, Pac Div.
–When it comes to rnb i’ve started listening to Avant lately and he is quite good, but my favorite would be T-Pain for rnb/hip-hop.
–Most pop music (unfortunately includes lil wayne, french montana, juicy j; not my fault they make good hip-hop/rap/pop music) :stuck_out_tongue:
–Finally, alternative rock: Phoenix and The Strokes, then any alternative rock song that sounds good.</p>

<p>@Basic yea sometimes I’m in the mood for ratchett lol like Gas Pedal x Sage the Gentleman.</p>

<p>I like some songs by Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole etc. I like R&B above all; I also like hip hop & rap though. I’m not really into alternative or anything like that but I sometimes like a few songs.</p>

<p>^^Omg Sage visited my school’s talent show!! but back then i didn’t know who he was but now i actually like the song!</p>

<p>Aha yea I barely know who he is still! (oops Gemini not Gentleman)</p>

<p>I love the dance!!</p>

<p>@Buttafly Ahh, those ratchet moods :smiley: I get them sometimes, mostly when I’m driving my best friends around hahaha! That’s when I blast a rap song with the overwhelming bass or a twerk song!</p>

<p>@Future yesss lol :smiley: that music makes some of the best memories!</p>

<p>Omg i know i said I dont like country but now i really like this one band: Florida Georgia Line!</p>

<p>I like alternative/indie music, pop, the rap/hiphop/r&bensemble and just about everything else (besides most of country and screamo or whatever).</p>

<p>In that order.</p>

<p>Frank Ocean calms me.
I used to love The Weeknd but never stops talking about girls. Not one song is NOT about some girl.
Drake has multiple personalities.</p>

<p>Other than the today’s mainstream, I can’t get enough of Erykah Badu and Floetry!
The neosoul ></p>