What if I bomb my SAT this saturday?

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I realize that UCs require you to send all SAT1 scores in and don’t superscore. However, does anyone know if they only consider your best or do they average your scores (<-- highly doubt it though)? Is this type of stuff published? I’m asking because I’ve been too busy to prep for the SAT, which is in 2 days. The latest practice tests aren’t too good either. I got 700 CR 770 M 730 W last October. How bad will it look if I get 2100? 2000? 1900? 1800?</p>

<p>btw, I wouldn’t have even considered retaking the SAT if it weren’t for my parents who expected me to improve and signed me up. Not going is also not an option (pardon the double negs).* Yes, I do realize it was my mistake for consenting; yes, I do realize my score was pretty decent for the UCs – I’m not trying to be a ■■■■■ or put anyone down.* I’m just concerned that all the work and prep I did for my 2200 will be wasted.</p>

<p>I’m loving schools that superscore right about now.</p>

<p>p.s.
please dont reply with something like “its your fault. im struggling to break 2000. this is what you get for being greedy.” rest assured that I spent hundreds of hours taking practice test after practice test after i got 177 on my sophomore psat.</p>

<p>Which schools is this SAT going to that super score? The UCs will look at your highest, but they will nonetheless see Saturday’s scores unless you decide not to take it. I had the same concern since I got a 2170 last June and took it again in December without prrep (got a 2110 -____-). They definitely do not average your scores. </p>

<p>I have a feeling that your score is likely to go down… especially if you haven’t prepared. If you’re confident about scoring higher in one or two sections for the sake of a higher super score, you might as well. My super score didn’t even end up raising… the one section I prepared for was the exact same score I got from June.</p>

<p>a bunch of private schools I plan on applying to allow superscoring so I thought it was worth the risk… and had nothing to lose in this regard.</p>

<p>but yea, realistically, i don’t expect to improve at all, nor would i deserve it lol. I just hope that i may be able to raise my superscore a little and get above 2000 on this one. fingers crossed :P</p>

<p>I know USC superscores. thank god! You shouldn’t worry too much about getting worse, it doesn’t mean your a bad student, the test just wasn’t right for you. The UCs are suppose to take only your highest overall score into consideration, so it still wouldn’t affect you. Same with sat subject scores, they only take the highest 2 subject scores. The average for SAT scores is 1600, anything higher than 2000 is great. I would be worried though if you dropped from the 2000s to 1400s or something… If you satisfied then just roll with it, if your parents think you can do better and just sign you up again, after this saturday, tell them 3 times is stretching it when you’ve got great scores.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>… I just showed up and took it. Anyway, they just take your highest score, so you’ll be fine. I also find it hard to believe that you would bomb it after doing so well the first time, but whatever.</p>

<p>Often when a college says they will only look at <whatever> it is true, because what the adcoms see has been boiled down from your original application. So, they literally cannot see it. Maybe a clerk saw it, or the computer filtered it out.</whatever></p>

<p>The UCs use the highest total (composite) score from a single test date and throw out the rest.</p>

<p>^ and ^^</p>

<p>That’s good to know. I wish I found time to prepare for my SAT the second time around.</p>