What NOT to Wear...at Bama... ;)

<p>Awesome! Any particular style or just Nikes in general? :)</p>

<p>New Balances are popular, esp 993s.</p>

<p>This thread continues to get up my nose. College is NOT like high school where everyone who is anyone <em>has</em> to have the latest trend in order to be somebody (i.e., conformity is a strong unwritten rule for being accepted). I know none of you are saying this specifically, but it is implied. Also, with 50+% from OOS, no one should be too worried about having to fit in on campus, and should embrace regional differences (if they indeed exist in the first place).</p>

<p>While I agree that students need not be afraid to express their own style, I see nothing wrong with asking about what other kids on campus favor. Whether seeking reassurance or excited about dressing ‘the part’, who cares? Once they get on campus and see for themselves that almost anything goes, they will more than likely relax and refine their styles as they see fit. In fact, my very conservative son (Jeans, T-Shirts, and black sneakers only) became <em>extremely</em> daring after first semester and purchased black sneaks with RED laces!</p>

<p>^^ As long as he doesn’t get laces in that vile TN orange, he’ll fit right in!</p>

<p>NO sneaker looks good in orange!</p>

<p>NOTHING looks good in orange except Tony the Tiger and of course oranges.</p>

<p>Aeropostale has a sale on college tees at the moment: [University</a> of Alabama® Graphic T -](<a href=“http://www.aeropostale.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18095296&cp=3534618.3534619.3534624.3542202.15249416]University”>http://www.aeropostale.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18095296&cp=3534618.3534619.3534624.3542202.15249416)
Not sure if this link will come through, so if it doesn’t, go to their main site, click on “Guys” tab, then “College Tees” (left hand side of Guys page in Featured Shops), then scroll down to view 2 UA shirts. Can’t beat at $8 each.</p>

<p>Aeromom, thanks for the link, just ordered a few of these for Ds and DW.</p>

<p>How much is shipping?</p>

<p>^just looked. $7 shipping! For one t shirt! I only looked at shipping for one. Might be the same for multiples.</p>

<p>We bought 8 shirts, mostly for family as gifts. The shipping was still $7 together to ship all 8. My wife found found a free shipping code on retailmenot dot comm. she did say that there were several codes and that she had to try several before one worked.</p>

<p>shipping info: [url=&lt;a href=“http://www.aeropostale.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=ship&subdisplay=shipMethods]A”&gt;http://www.aeropostale.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=ship&subdisplay=shipMethods]A</a></p>

<p>What is the “uniform” for boys?</p>

<p>Just wore my “Rising Tide” with a big A crimson tee shirt to the local Fourth of July parade (DD was on a “scholarship” float) and, since we live near College Station, I got MUCH GRIEF from the crowd. </p>

<p>I just replied “Roll Tide” and they good-natured lay laughed.</p>

<p>THAT is going to be rivalry as the years go on. Lol</p>

<p>Big shopping spree for the boy tomorrow. He’s going to buy what he likes, I don’t think he cares, what other’s wear, but the black Northface jacket popularity got me. I don’t think that’s on his shopping list, lol.</p>

<p>And he shouldn’t care! The best thing to wear at UA is what you’re comfortable with (weather adjusted).</p>

<p>The only thing you NEED to make sure he has is something for these attire categories: business, business casual, dressy casual, and casual.</p>

<p>Cool. I don’t get the idea of looking like a clone.</p>

<p>He wears sneakers, jeans, khaki pants and shorts, polos, t-shirts and hoodies. He get’s a lot of his polos at second hand/thrift shops.</p>

<p>Bought him dress slacks, shirts and shoes, and a blue blazer for college interviews, so he should be okay for business/business casual.</p>

<p>He’s in STEM MBA so I assume that there will be some events where he needs to get dressed up. Don’t know if there are any dress up occasions for UH or CBH.</p>

<p>If he’s in MBA I think he needs a proper suit for MBA events. Do the shirts have a button down collar or no? With a suit, it’s technically proper to use a stiff collar (or whatever you call a no button down collar) shirt. But when not wearing a jacket, it may be more appropriate to wear a button down collar shirt because a stiff collar may be too formal.</p>

<p>riprorin: My son was in UH and CBHP. He dressed up for various events, especially for presentations during his second and third years with CBHP.</p>