when do you receive UM ID

<p>how many days after submitting app do you get the email w/ ur id</p>

<p>bump bump bump bump</p>

<p>What ID? You don’t get a school ID until you’re admitted. You can sign up for a myUM account anytime…
Not sure what you mean by ID…</p>

<p>UM doesn’t send you an ID. A week after I submitted my app, it send me an email telling me to go to myum on their site, enter your ssn and date of birth, and you will create your own username and password. From there you can check your app status</p>

<p>Sorry i misworded it…</p>

<p>I meant when do you receive the email telling you how to create your myUM account to check your status? Do you have to wait for the email or can you just make it yourself</p>

<p>From their website:</p>

<p>“You can check the documents received and the status of your application using the myUM system and the UMID# (Ex: C02-01-3196) assigned to you when you apply online.”</p>

<p>Well it doesn’t hurt to try; but if it won’t let you create an id, then that means they haven’t received it yet. I received my confirmation e-mail yesterday (Monday) while I submitted my application late Wednesday</p>

<p>Spotted on the UM Admission facebook page…</p>

<p>“The upcoming early application deadline means that large numbers of documents are being submitted for students using the Common Application. We have been notified that some high school counselors using Naviance and Docufide
to submit secondary school forms online for students are experiencing
delays related to high volume. We want to assure you that your
application with the University of Miami will in no way be affected by
these technical difficulties. It may take slightly longer for your
documents to be submitted and to be visible in our system. However,
this will in no way affect the consideration of your application as an
early applicant.”</p>