Where to buy interview clothes in Tuscaloosa

<p>D needs to acquire some professional outfits. Any suggestions on some good places to shop?</p>

<p>Maybe Belk’s?</p>

<p>Yes, Belk.</p>

<p>It’s like a Macy’s, or Dillards.</p>

<p>The Loft also has a decent professional selection. They give an educators’ discount. I am not sure if they give a student discount. My daughter bought many of her interview outfits at the one in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Does she have a car? I’d send her to the mall; if she doesn’t have a car then she can always use the Sunday bus shuttle. As others have said, Belk is a good choice. There’s also a JC Penney, Limited and Express. In addition, next door is Target which sometimes has nice basics including blazers in a pinch.</p>

<p>loft doesn’t have “suits”. they have work clothes, but not suits.</p>

<p>to me interview clothing means a suit.</p>

<p>my DD got her suit from ann taylor not too long ago.</p>

<p>Thanks, everyone!</p>

<p>She does have a car, and if need be could go beyond Tuscaloosa. But she’s an average size and hates to shop (and therefore won’t be picky), so I’m hopeful she’ll be successful with limited shopping.</p>

<p>I would think about ordering from Banana Republic.</p>

<p>J Crew has some great blazers and nice cotton shirts. D wore a full J Crew outfit for her interview for her program entry. Very polished. Also Express carries some nice suits. Jacket and pants are purchased individually. And they have large online coupons and a great return policy.</p>

<p>When we shopped last year D had good luck at the Limited and Express. They sell separates. Blazer, skirt and pants. Went with a more conservative shirt Also our Stein Mart has a large professional area. There is one in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Stein Mart is a great suggestion. Join their members club for coupons.</p>

<p>J Crew offers additional discounts every once in a while to students and teachers. Sometimes as much as additional 25% off.</p>

<p>For those in need, this will help: [Crimson</a> Closet | SGA at UA - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://sga.ua.edu/sga-initiatives/crimson-closet]Crimson”>http://sga.ua.edu/sga-initiatives/crimson-closet) .</p>

<p>Students receive 15% off with their ACT card at both J.Crew and Banana Republic all the time with the exception of certain sale items or online purchases unless the order is placed from the store. School employees who show their ID will also get a 15% discount at Banana Republic. Both stores are at The Summit. There is also an upscale Belk, Vineyard Vines, Ann Taylor, and other very nice stores at The Summit. I believe Banana Republic is also at The Galleria, but the last time I was there I thought the mall was in decline. There are some other decent shops just across from Costco though. Not clothing, but Pottery Barn also offers a student discount.</p>

<p>Yes, The summit is really nice. I was surprised at the number of stores that were there.</p>