Which taxi service to use from Bham to Tuscaloosa and around tuscaloosa

<p>^^^
what he means is that if the taxi takes you to your hotel, then during Enterprise’s business hours, a driver will come pick you up, take you to E’s office, and then you can rent a car. (E has very limited Sat hours and is closed on Sunday)</p>

<p>again, if you only have 2 days in ttown, wasting time at E’s office (plus pickup time) will be time consuming.</p>

<p>what day/time will you be arriving in tuscaloosa? </p>

<p>

We are not comfortable doing that just yet. </p>

<p>^ I understand your reluctance to ask around for rides…it just isn’t something I was comfortable with either, coming from where we come from, and being raised the way I was raised…HOWEVER! You will find the families in South/AL/UA, and from CC in particular, are a very helpful bunch. There are many posts on these threads of people needing help and it being offered and given. Please rest assured that if you are in a bind, there will be someone to help you. It’s an additional perk of this place! ;)</p>

<p>Maybe you can get by in Tuscaloosa without having to rent a car. Have you made hotel reservations? Are you coming to tour or coming for Bama Bound? You can stay at Hotel Capstone, which is right on campus and then walk or ride the bus (Crimson Ride) throughout campus. There are also restaurants within walking distance. It seems like an awful expense to pay for the taxi to town, then rent a car. Maybe if you take back roads from the airport to Tuscaloosa instead of taking the interstate you might feel more comfortable renting the car at the Birmingham airport.</p>

<p>(I posted before reading all of the responses, so some of the suggestions have already been mentioned!) :)</p>

<p>I just made reservations with Birmingham Door to Door to transport my son to and from UA. What is an appropriate tip for the driver for this service?</p>

<p>$5 each way is somewhat standard. People typically tip $2-8, higher if one has a lot of luggage. </p>

<p>That is less than I was expecting. Fare is $80 each way. I was guessing around 15% would be typical.</p>