Who here has not gotten COVID? Who has long COVID?

Thanks. That makes sense. The virus did come roaring back, but that was to be expected after only 4 doses, so it wasn’t a rebound in the sense of taking the full prescription, testing negative, and then getting sick again. I’m so sorry that you had all the heart complications with it. But glad you are feeling better.

2 Likes

Glad you are feeling better @compmom.

We still tested positive for awhile, but I don’t think we were very contagious. Our d22 and her girlfriend were here for Thanksgiving (the whole week) and never got it even though we didn’t test negative until like Tues before Thanksgiving and they came down the Friday before. We were doing everything we could to mitigate the situation, but the fact was that their room is across the hall from our room and there were 3 of us in the house still testing positive. The CDC says you are most contagious in the first 5 days so I think we just were not very contagious any more since we were on like day 10-14 at that point. We were trying to mask in the house to not give it to them, but they were not taking many precautions themselves and rarely masking so they would have been exposed to whatever we had left.

I am still really sick. But not in hospital and not gonna die! Productive cough once in awhile is definitely a good sign :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My sister said her H (an MD) nearly called ambulance for her on Monday as she was feeling so poorly. She went back to sleep and woke feeling better. Yesterday, I went to Costco and CVS got her some guifenisen pills, a box of honeycrisp apples and an 8-pack of Campbell’s Simply Chicken noodle soup (which claims to be healthier but is still very high in sodium). She was surprised and pleased with my delivering all of that on her doorstep.

3 Likes

i am having a bad reaction to Robitussin and Mucinex: severe dizziness. The guaifenesin is really helpful and I hope it helps your sister. How nice of you do do that! I might order some soup!

I can’t do steroids, albuterol either. Letting the body heal itself and using shower steam, tea and rest.

1 Like

My local pharmacist ordered OTC guifenisen cough syrup. It has no DM, no codeine but has some menthol. It was only $7 for 16 oz!

1 Like

1 Like

The pharmacist also gave some 2oz bottles suite for TSA. I’m going to gift to my relatives who have had to struggle to search for non-DM cough medicine too. I prefer to know exactly what I’m taking and don’t like my meds combined.

So I’m in London. I’ve asked at a pharmacy, a grocery store, a health food store and a general ‘a bit of everything’ store about these tri-purpose tests. NO one had heard of them. The health food story guy just said - we don’t have regular COVID tests because no one is using them anymore.

The grocery stor and general store just gave me a weird look. The pharmacists looked it up in his system and did find a ti-test. However, he’d never heard of them and by all indications they were not available at any store front but needed to be ordered online if you’re in the UK.

We are wearing our N95 vented masks in all public places. I’m hard pressed to see anyone else with a mask.

So there’s your problem, not E.U. anymore :wink:

Try Europe instead:

But tons of other options:

2 Likes

Everyone in my family got COVID around new years a couple months before the bug made the news. It presented as a nasty chest cold that lasted two weeks. (Does this qualify as “long COVID”?) We all got shot #1, and the booster. Three of us got COVID again, and it presented as a mild cold. We all got the third shot, and my son got COVID again after that.

No - people suffer for months, often with a persistent and broad range of symptoms that seemingly have nothing to do with an “respiratory illness” - like blood pressure, heart palpitations, neurological symptoms, persistent fatigue or lack of stamina,…

It can be rather debilitating!

1 Like

As a follow up - my free tests arrived in the mail today!

and boss did get the meeting next week moved to a bigger room. I’m still debating whether or not to call out. I’ll probably go since it’s mandatory… Ugh.

The tri-test is done here in some ER’s.

1 Like

My reference to ‘no one is using them any more’ was made in regards to simple COVID tests. The kind we have in the US. That comment was made by a merchant. It doesn’t strike me as pertinent wether one is in the EU or not when it comes to the publics approach to testing - or in this case - not testing.

The German tests will not ship to the US (only Warenkorb option is Deutschland). Regretfully, not going there on this trip.

But it is stupid (with a capital S) that these aren’t available in the US.

And at prices that are remotely related to cost.

2 Likes

These ones are FDA approved:

My free tests arrive today too. Last time I got 2 double packs of BinaxNow. This time I got a 5 pack of iHealth. Woot!

2 Likes

That is a NAAT that costs CAD$50-75, far more than the RATs that cost <3€ for the multi virus ones.

Yes, the NAAT is more sensitive, but too expensive for most people to do frequent testing with.

The RAT multi virus tests can be found at https://www.maskwholesale.eu/rapid-tests/self-tests/fluorecare-sars-cov-2-influenza-a-b-rsv-4in1-antigen-self-test_350_1606/ , which does ship to the US (but shipping is expensive, so it only makes sense if you buy in quantity).

1 Like

Has anyone bought ENOVID (called Viromed VirX nasal spray) on the https://www.maskwholesale.eu website? Any feedback on how any purchase there went? About how long did it take for shipping? What were expiration dates on any sprays you purchased?
Thanks!