Who's applying from HS Class of 2017?

@mom0f2tx - Yes I have checked. DS’s ACT score and transcript have been recvd. its’ very confusing on how to check though. you have to go out to check status. Click on new app, then your application will be listed, then you click on the submitted app and it will show whether everything has been recvd.

We are having problems, too and called today. They are having lots of issues with checking status, but the nice rep who answered the 1-800 Admissions number looked up my D’s application, and all is well. All done and in and now just waiting to hear the good news!

@MichiganGeorgia and @beachham Thank you! We’ll try online again, then call if needed. Hopefully good news will come for all quickly!

My S is going to apply this coming week after he gets back from camp. Anything we need to know about the application process? When do you apply for honors college?

Honors application comes after acceptance.

Make sure you fill out both the application for admission and then (after UA sends you a CWID) the scholarship application.

Good luck!

@Tgirlfriend The app is sooo easy. I finished it in about 10 minutes. The hardest part was remembering the last two digits of my SSN!

@musicgirl131 …thank you for the tip. I will get my S to do that as soon as he gets back from camp.

For those who have been waiting for UA OOS scholarship updates for 2017-2018, website has been updated. Presidential score/GPA requirements will remain the same! There is a minimum now listed for new SAT, but others are the same. Amount for yearly tuition is also $1K higher, due to tuition increase, I’m assuming.

PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLAR

A student with a 32-36 ACT, 1400-1600 old SAT score or 1450-1600 new SAT score and at least a 3.5 GPA will be selected as a Presidential Scholar and will receive the value of tuition, or $107,800 over four years ($26,950 per year). Students graduating with remaining tuition scholarship semester(s) may utilize these monies toward graduate school and/or law school study at UA.

@Momof2TX …Thank you for the updated information. :smiley:

Applied about two weeks ago, and finally got my school to send in my transcript today. Excited for the fall when I can await an admissions decision!

Do you think the transcript has to be official? Son’s school is shut down for the summer. No official transcripts until September. I have an unofficial copy. You think they will accept it for now?

@STEM2017 We must be from the same area:) I have an unofficial one as well. If you find out that they will take it for now, please let me know!

@jeepgirl Will do. I also sent the question to our regional rep through the UA “contact us” system. I’ll keep you posted.

^We are in the same boat – school has said no official transcripts will go out until after school starts (after Labor Day) - the application was submitted day 1 and the test scores have been sent (she took the chance and listed them when she took the June ACT as a free school choice). Nothing to do here but wait on the HS…

I wish she could get a start on the Honors College app - but she told me she has to be accepted to the school first. No chance to get a head start — UA is the #1 choice and she will be over the moon when it is official.

@novicemom23kids we are in the same boat too!

I assume we’re in the same boat. “We’re gonna need a bigger boat.”

I also have an unofficial! I want to be accepted early though so I can apply for housing early so I can get the suite style dorms!

"I wish she could get a start on the Honors College app - but she told me she has to be accepted to the school first. "

The honors app is supposed to be really easy. So I wouldn’t worry about it.

I guess I am mistaken. I thought the honors college acceptance is automatic based on Stats? So can a helpful knowledgable person lay out the process and timeline, please.

@BigPapiofthree

The application is open and your DC can start today, if they haven’t already.

-Fill out the main UA application and pay the fee
-Shortly after your application is received (24-48 hours), you will receive a CWID (campus wide ID) from admissions.
-Use the CWID to gain access and fill out the Scholarships and Programs application (quick and simple)
-Wait for acceptance (some time after Labor Day)
-After acceptance, you may apply to honors if you have the stats (apparently a very simple application)

Did I leave anything out?