Who's applying to FAMU

<p>This forum seems dead, so why not have a discussion thread. So who's planning on applying, applied already, waiting to hear back, accepted etc.</p>

<p>I myself have applied by mail and am waiting to hear back from them.</p>

<p>I applied too (In september) but I haven’t heard anthing back yet :frowning: when did you apply?</p>

<p>Wow, that’s a long wait. I just mailed my application about 2 weeks ago. Have you called them? Because I believe they have rolling admissions and you should have been at least acknowledged.</p>

<p>I called about three weeks ago and they said they hadn’t received my transcripts. I sent them again electronically the following week. Last week I called back to follow up and the person I spoke with said to call back mid January because they were dealing with Spring applicants at the moment. But I know for a fact that people are getting there acceptance letters so I’m getting a bit worried.</p>

<p>Oh, I see, seems odd. I have heard about FAMU’s admissions office being unorganized and inefficient :/</p>

<p>Yeah, so have I but I will be calling in January… FAMU is my first choice… I really havent even thought about what I would do if I didn’t get in.</p>

<p>I have a half eaten sandwich that can get into FAMU.</p>

<p>I have good grades and decent test scores so its not like I barely made it through High school… And FAMU lets pretty much anyone in so its frustrating that I haven’t heard anything.</p>

<p>Just got the letter in today!</p>

<p>My half eaten sandwich got accepted to FAMU!</p>

<p>Congratulations Dymecaker305 (sounds like your from Mia)! When did you submit your application? What term did you apply for?</p>

<p>How did you know I was from the MIA. I hope its the sarcasm we both share.</p>

<p>Bcus it was my half eaten turkey sandwich that got in, for the fall term. its that easy!</p>

<p>cdames92
I got a letter in the mail today, acknowledging that they revieved my application. It included steps to login and check my status.</p>

<p>Did you get this?</p>

<p>Dymecaker305,
Im from the area too… and it looks like I need to step my sub game up.</p>

<p>Jfils98,
Yes, I got that letter a couple of months ago… I signed into iRattler and it says my application was complete (even when the admissions lady said they didn’t have my transcripts)… You have to change your password every so often and I forgot what I put as my new password so I haven’t been on in a while.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t get worried if I were you they said the same thing to me and a few days later they sent my acceptance letter.</p>

<p>Congratulations Tarria! :slight_smile: When did you send your application in?</p>

<p>Ohkay… So I finally got my acceptance letter… After four months they finally received my transcripts (for some reason they didn’t receive them electronically the three times I sent them) but I’m happy about being accepted. :)</p>

<p>hey i have a question i have a 2.3 gpa and hav a 22 on the act. I’m takin it again to get it up and i have 1 and half quarters left in my junior year and so far i’ve been doin pretty good. do you guys think i hav a good chance of gettin FAMU?</p>

<p>A minimum SAT-I of 1450 (critical reading, math and writing) or an ACT of 21 is required for admission… So far so good as long as you are not interested in enrolling in a limited access program.</p>

<p>Here’s their website: [Admissions</a> - Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University 2010](<a href=“Page Not Found”>Page Not Found)</p>

<p>I recommend creating a cappex profile (■■■■■■■■■■) and entering all of the academic information. It tells you your chances of getting into schools, how you can improve your chances, and the other students are being accepted/rejected/wait listed. So far for me it has been very accurate.</p>

<p>I was looking at their page again and I saw this:</p>

<p>A student applying for admission who has less than a 3.0 average in the required academic units described above must present a combination of high school GPA and entry-level test scores as indicated below. Academic eligibility for admission will be determined according to the following admissions scale:</p>

<p>GPA SAT - I ACT
2.00 1680 25
2.1 1620 24
2.2 1620 24
2.3 1560 23
2.4 1510 22
2.5 1450 21
2.6 1450 21
2.7 1450 21</p>

<p>Heres the link: [Catalog</a> - Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University 2010](<a href=“http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?catalog&AdmissionsandRelatedMatters]Catalog”>Page Not Found)</p>

<p>whats a limited access program?</p>