Will a B+ senior year first trimester hurt me

I’ve gotten straight A’s and A-'s sophomore year through senior year except 1 B+ junior year, and now a B+ in a first trimester class senior year. How much will this additional B+ senior year hurt me? I’m not applying to ivy’s but still highly selective schools. Both B+'s are not related to my major.

It won’t affect anything, and it doesn’t matter if it’s in a course unrelated to your major. If you don’t get into a highly selective school, a B+ here and there won’t be the reason why (you’ll never know why).

A B+ is a fine grade. As noted, if you don’t get accepted to a selective college, you will not know why…but it’s not likely because of two B+ grades.

It will make absolutely no difference. No need to think about it any further.

I also do not think that it will be a problem.

However, make sure that you apply to safeties, and keep your budget in mind (which is advice for any senior applying to university, regardless of how many B’s they might have gotten).

2 Likes

Most classes you take in college won’t be related to your major.

No reason to panic. If you’re doing your best, that’s all you can do. If you have any struggle (and a B+ isn’t), find out what you’re doing wrong - so you can learn and grow. That’s more important.

This certainly isn’t failure - not even close. But life isn’t perfect - and you’ll have to get used to it.

That will be the case whether you attend a selective school or a non-selective one.

Best of luck.