will i get in to university of miami?

hello! i’m a current hs senior from florida applying for umiami’s freshman class of 2020.

highest SAT was a 1440 reading: 760, math: 680

unweighted GPA of 4.0/4.0 and weighted GPA of 5.68 that will be a 6.08 at the end of this semester.

i’ve taken 7 aice classes and received my aice diploma with distinction last year after getting 4 B’s and 3 A’s on my exams.

i’ve taken a few honors courses offered at my highschool. i’ve also done 60 credits of dual enrollment on a premed track (bio, chem, calc, etc) and i’ll have my AA in December.

i’m currently taking a heavy courseload for senior year. i’m in 2 AP (AP calc BC and AP gov) and the rest are dual enrollment and 1 aice class.

i’m ranked #2/670 in my class currently but that’s still subject to change until the semester is over.

activities:

• volunteering at nursing home for over a year & now volunteering at a church kitchen (will have over 100 hours)
  • HOSA for 3 years (health club) (vice president junior year)
  • president of national honor society at my school
  • joined mu alpha theta (math team) & unicef this year to get more involved
  • working throughout high school (babysitting, working at a spa, and now tutoring an algebra student twice a week)

i know miami is getting more competitive and it’s my top choice. if i get in, i’ll have bright futures scholarship to help with tuition, but this won’t be enough so i’m hoping they’ll offer me aid. what are my chances ?

Hi Miami is my top choice too! And from what I can say you’ll definitely get in. But depends on which admission you are applying for. Umiami ED you’ll definitely get in, Umiami early action you’ll still probably get in but that applicant pool is risky. But I think you will probably get a scholarship too + aid if your admitted.

The best way to figure this out is to check out your school’s Naviance. What proportion of students from your school with your stats have been accepted to UMiami?

I hope you get in !! Thank you so much (: my SAT is a 1470 now and i’m debating taking 2 subject tests. Are you applying early or regular ?

@MWolf not many, i’m ranked #2 in my school currently

@WeAllRiseUp

@sarahfisher
I’ll be applying Early Decision as Umiami is my first choice

Not sure if you heard already or not, but I would say yes for sure. Good stats and activities. UM is looking for well rounded students to add to the community. Good luck!