Will McGill take away my offer?!

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I got into McGill with a predicted grade of 39 plus 1 bonus point, so 40 points. On my admissions letter they asked me to "maintain my academic standard." I've asked them a couple times but I keep getting vague responses, what does that mean? How many points can I afford to lose and still keep my offer? Obviously I'm going to work my hardest to get at least 40 points like I was predicted but I'm so nervous.</p>

<p>What is the lowest number of points I can get (with AND without the 3 bonus points) and still keep my offer from McGill?</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>Colleges in the US accept or deny students based on GPA, courses taken, and test scores. They do not accept students based on IB points- your earned points will not be known until after you graduate. If you earn the IB diploma ( and you will not know this until after you graduate), many schools will offer you sophomore standing. The number of points necessary to earn sophomore standing as a freshman varies from one school to another. What was the offer that you received?</p>

<p>So sorry… Just learned that McGill is not in the US.</p>