Will this be looked down upon?

<p>Alright. So I am a hispanic student. I am currently a sophomore in highschool taking AP Spanish 4 and I will take AP Spanish 5 next year. However, I did not grow up speaking spanish. I was born and raised here in the US. My dad is from South America so I have a spanish last name. Spanish was my first language, but I began to learn English when I was about 4 and I soon forgot Spanish. English is pretty much all we speak in my household, with the exception of some spanish phrases. I took spanish in middle school so thats why I am at the level I am now. Would colleges just assume that I am taking this class for an "easy A?" Even though I'm not?</p>

<p>Nope. Don’t worry!</p>

<p>The backgrounds of Hispanics vary greatly in all aspects of culture, language, etc. Even many fluent Spanish speakers take Spanish classes for the written and grammar part. And many immigrant families switch languages to that of the new country.</p>

<p>They definition of Hispanic goes far beyond surname or language; be yourself, be honest and you’ll be fine.</p>