Will UC's understand that i have ADD?

i have a 3.1 GPA and alll but one major pre req completed. i in fall 2014 i got straight C’s. i was diagnosed with ADD right before fall 2015 semster. I am now getting straight A’s in more advanced classes.I applied to all UC’s, besides Berkely and LA, for fall 2016 quarter. will they take my undiagnosed ADD into account? I am an electrical engineering major.

i am a trasfer student

Did you mention your ADD in your personal statement?

yes

If you mentioned it in your personal statement, then they will take it into consideration.

@Gumbymom Will it be taken into consideration if I mentioned that I have ADHD in my personal statement even though my stats are pretty good anyways? (4.18 UC GPA, 2080 SAT)

Seriously? Re-read what she wrote. I’m not sure what’s unclear about that.

@Koojah , They’ll see growth. They’ll see that the diagnosis of a problem led to higher grades, so apparently the ADD is no longer holding back your academics.

@briank82 – you realize that post # 5 wasn’t written by the OP, right?.

In the case of @RHSclassof16 - why do you want them to take it into consideration? Your GPA seems to indicate that, unlike the OP, ADHD hasn’t prevented you from attaining academic success.

@bjkmom HA! No, I didn’t … thanks for pointing that out. Either way, @RHSclassof16 asked basically the same exact question that was already answered. I’m not sure why lower grades versus higher grades would really play much different of a role when mentioning a disability. What it really comes down to is how you write about it and how it affected you, how you overcame any obstacles it may have presented, etc.

I think that higher grades would seem to indicate that the student had found a way to work around, or with, the disability and that it wouldn’t be a concern for college grades. So the disability pretty much becomes a non-issue.

For the OP, whose grades increased once he/she received the diagnosis, I think the explanation is important. The lower grades weren’t about immaturity, they were about a condition that existed without the student’s knowledge or ability to compensate for.