William & Mary Class of 2027 - Early Decision I & II

i am in EXACTLY the same boat!! wondering what the social scene is like since the nearest stuff is literally a colonial historical attraction haha. and also on my tour, the guide straight up said “yeah i’m gonna be honest, the food is not great.” but i also got the cypher and really do like everything else

2 Likes

Regarding the food, I will say that my friends and I basically made a calendar of which cafes served our favorite on-campus dishes and when. At least at the time, there were certain rotations and we planned it out. I can’t remember if we gained that intel from the staff or if it was published/public knowledge. Stir fry was one of the dinner rotations and was actually pretty good. Brunch on the weekend (omelettes made to order etc.) was something we usually planned for - at least on Saturday mornings. That approach worked for us (with outside food options mixed in). Most dorms have a communal fridge and kitchen (stove, microwave etc.) Can also bring a mini-fridge. So if you prefer to prep food from the grocery store, that’s an option as well. I do recall “dorm dinners” where people would combine resources and have a themed meal here and there. Maybe that was mostly a freshman year thing. Hope that helps.

1 Like