William & Mary Class of 2027 Official Thread

my son got off the waitlist! his AO just called and told him!

7 Likes

Congrats! Are you instate or OOS?

yes, Maryland.

2 Likes

WNM sent a letter just now saying they are not accepting any more for now. Can reply if you’d like to stay on even longer.
Ugh!

did they say how many they’ve taken so far?

No…I’ve only seen 2 OOS get in so far from the WL on here at least…

1 Like

D23 did not receive this email, do you mind uploading a photo of it?

I think everyone on the waitlist received it. I did too and it was in my junk mail.

I can’t seem to see it in her junk mail - does it just say “At this time, no more waitlist applicants are being considered,” thank you for the tip!

Hi: it’s from William & Mary and says 'William & Mary Waitlist " in the subject line:
here’s the text …

At this point the spaces in the Class of 2027 appear to be filled. Nonetheless, the possibility does exist that spaces could become available and we may admit additional students later this spring and summer. Please complete this [brief form online]if you still see William & Mary as a top choice and would like to be considered should this opportunity arise.

We will notify any newly admitted students later this summer by phone or email, and all offers of admission will be made by August 1.

As you know, this year’s applicant pool proved to be incredibly strong. Consequently, we were unable to admit many capable and qualified students. If you remain interested in attending William & Mary, we want to highlight the two pathways available to students on our waitlist for guaranteed admission to begin at William & Mary in Spring 2024 by either completing the Fall 2023 semester at your local community college or via an abroad program through Verto Education. More information about those opportunities can be found on our list of [Frequently Asked Questions](. Similarly, our experience has been that students on our waitlist often emerge as highly competitive applicants in our general transfer process.

All of us on the Admission Committee wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Tim Wolfe ’95, M.Ed ‘01
Associate Vice President for Enrollment
and Dean of Admission

Thank you so much! My kiddo is bummed definitely looking into spring pathways

1 Like

My child got off of the waitlist last week. So happy! We had planned on the spring pathway which seemed like a great program.

5 Likes

Congrats! Are you guys in state or OOS?

It has been a mix of in and out, but my observation suggests slightly more oos. There is an amazing and supportive FB group if your child is doing the spring pathways program (William and Mary Spring Pathways Class of 2027).

So that’s oos for yours? The only other two I have seen come off the waitlist here on this site are OOS… My kid (in state and has a brother there) can not do the Pathways program b/c he is only 17. W&M would not make an exception despite me calling and writing a letter and with my son growing up overseas and living in 5 countries (meaning he is no stranger to life abroad and what it entails). Ugh! But he has a great school in NY he is headed to.

We are actually in-state and had been planning on community college option. This whole process has been crazy!

Great! Congrats. Sorry I was referring to The Verto ~ Pathways program which only allows 18+.

Where are all our new freshmen living? Mine is in Preston!

My son got Dawson Hall in the Bryan Complex

That’s a nice one! Was on my son’s list, too.