Williams College Waitlist 2027

It looks like they are not admitting anyone off the waitlist this year either. Has anyone received anything?

Past 3 years of waitlist records according to the Common Data Set:

1. Fall 2020 - 846 accepting place on Waitlist - 73 accepted
  2. Fall 2021 - 929 accepting place on Waitlist - 1 accepted (Waitlist was officially closed on May 31 or something like that)
  3. Fall 2022 - 860 accepting place on Waitlist - 0 accepted (Notified on May 4)

Nothing yet. Why do you think they won’t take anyone—because of the stats from the past two years, or did admissions say something?

It’s the stats. I also talked with one of the current students, and it looks like there is no need for the school to move the waitlist in order to fill up the classes.

It’s been so quite which indicates high yield with no need to move to the WL perhaps.

Son just received a letter stating that Williams hasn’t admitted any waitlisted students to date, but are inviting fewer 30 students to opt into a summer waitlist.

He will opt in, the link isn’t currently working, email has been sent and he will call tomorrow if he doesn’t get a response and link continues to not work.

Update: Williams responded to son’s email and said don’t worry about the link just email us if you want to opt in.

1 Like

Great news! Fewer than 30 is a very select group.

same! link just didn’t work for anyone i guess. both incredibly grateful to have more of a shot (williams is my top choice) but also kinda wish i could forget it happened until i find out whether i get off the waitlist or not. i feel like there’s no closure and i just want to know where i’m going :grinning:

What school did you commit to? Remeber all the reasons you chose that school. Closure will come, but I understand even though this is potential good news it’s increased stress after a senior year that was likely full of stress.

2 Likes

(International Student)

Dear Prashant,

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in Williams over the last couple of months. I’m writing to let you know that we will not have the opportunity to admit any additional students to the Williams Class of 2027.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Sulgi Lim
Director of Admission
Williams College

I think it closed, because I (domestic) got the same email.

I also don’t have any information…