Wisconsin and Madison

<p>I go to Ohio State now and live in the city. I love it here great city and town but I'm getting pretty tired of the downtown scene, cornfields of the state and the setting of Ohio sports (minus the Buckeyes of course). I plan on applying to Wisconsin to get into grad school there for engineering and I'm wondering what is the student life like there. What do you guys do for fun (not into that party scene). What's around campus and are their any traditions. ESPN said you all have some of the best breakfast food out there; some place footballs plays love to eat since they feed you a lot of food. Also what is Madison like? Weather? It's not as big as Columbus but I'm sure in some way their are somethings that diversifies it. Come on cheeseheads show this buckeye what a badger is all about.</p>

<p>I’ll write a shortened response now and when I get to a computer I will expand, if others don’t follow up. The breakfast place is called mickies dairy bar and it is truly amazing–I believe 6 bucks for two humungous pancakes. State st is filled with everything from fine dining to cafes to night clubs. The union terrace has an event every night when the weather is nice–spring in Madison is unbeatable–and during the winter they have less frequent events inside. The winter is cold and snowy, buy if you’re renting you won’t have to shovel and you will probably be inside studying. To get a feel of the sports culture just google camp Randall jump around</p>

<p>Also, if you have any more madison questions, don’t hesitate to message me</p>

<p>Remember that the life of a grad student is not the same as that of undergrads. You should pay the most attention to the programs you apply to- the academics first. You also have to be accepted by the program, that can be much harder than getting into the university as an undergrad. Be sure to talk to your engineering professors about which schools they think you should apply to- they need to write your recommendations after all.</p>

<p>That said- much more interesting geography than central Ohio.</p>