Wisconsin or Michigan? (Chemical Engineering)

@TheDiego if you’re worried about how your credits will transfer to Madison, I’m almost positive you can see your transfer credit evaluation under “My Academics” in your student center, the same place you saw your admission decision. Good luck!

@wis75 Generally I think only tuition costs are automatically pulled out of scholarship money (assuming OP’s “excess award” is a scholarship). If there is money left over after tuition is fully paid, then the money can be transferred to your bank account and you can use it at your own discretion (housing, books, leisure, etc). At least, this was the case for me for my scholarship money. Obviously it’s a good idea for OP to check with the scholarship information and/or contact the Bursar’s Office or the Scholarship office to make sure.

As a side note, partying at UW is what you make of it. Location plays a role as well. I knew plenty of people who partied every weekend and were really into the athletics scene and had a great time, but I also knew plenty of people who didn’t at all (and I ended up in a friend group with people who rarely partied). We still had fun on the weekend, whether it was chilling in the dorms for a movie night, a mall trip, trying out restaurants on State, exploring campus, or attending campus or student org sponsored activities. If you want to party at Madison, great! There will be no shortage. If you don’t, the huge student population will ensure that you will find people who are similarly minded, and you’ll have a great time exploring what the campus and city has to offer.

Thank you for updating the student experience- some things do not change over the generations.

After much thought, I’ve finally decided on UW-Madison. Really looking forward to it!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their comments.

Welcome!