Wordle Today - No Spoilers Please (Part 1)

Fun thing to do first thing. Today it took 4.

Thanks! I just did a random one! But it seems you can only do today’s and one random one.

One strategy is to try to reveal as many letters as possible with your first two guesses. So you would try ten different letters in the first two words. Then hopefully you would reveal enough letters to guess the word on your third try.

The hard mode forces you to repeat any revealed letters so less opportunity to find more of them in the first few words.

1 Like

Ok. So which Wordle app is it?

I see a few in the App Store.

Can someone screen shot which one the app is?

I try to use as many vowels as possible in the first word, that often helps determine my next move

2 Likes

Fun. First time and five tries.

Love the game. It’s definitely not new–played a paper version of it in the 70s. Also thoroughly tired of my FB and Twitter feeds being full of people’s results. Can’t they just play without making it a competition and bragging rights?

And I’m not talking about this thread–it’s dedicated to the topic and that’s different. :slight_smile:

No app. That’s the beauty of it. Just type wordle into your browser.

I made this mistake too. It’s not an app, its a website. Google “wordle” and you’ll see it

Aha! That explains it! Thank you @ams5796 and @Sealin !!!

2 Likes

I played today for the first time and got it in three tries (beginner’s luck, probably)! Why is it only once a day?

2 Likes

Does anyone remember a game called Jotto? It was basically the same as this, but with paper and pencil. I played it a lot when I was a child.

1 Like

That’s funny, I get a new puzzle every time I hit “random”. I wonder why it doesn’t work for you?

It’s working now. Thanks!

1 Like

When I first saw this game, I was immediately reminded of a game show called Lingo, which was on GSN for a while. A reboot of the UK version started airing last year.

I don’t even see an option for random. And for some reason, my “streak” changed. I’m three for three. Yesterday my current streak was 2. Now today my current streak is 1 and says 2 for games played?

First day I got it after three tries, yesterday after two and today after four. Not sure why it doesnt show all three games I played.

Were you using the same browser and device each time? It seems to keep a separate tally on each.

I don’t see random either. Where is that located?

1 Like

I don’t see random either

Try this link…

1 Like