Wordle Today - No Spoilers Please (Part 1)

Fun game - my boys and I do it each day and compare results.

That’s great. Thank you!

1 Like

we played mastermind all the time growing up - with colored pegs. This reminds me of that; but its so nice to know what letters are the right ones!! .

1 Like

I loved Mastermind. But DH didn’t. I could never get him to play it with me.

2 Likes

One thing – well, two things – I like about this game:

1. There’s no time limit. I find I’m taking a long time to consider each letter before I take my next turn.
  2. There’s no opposing player to annoy with how long it takes me to take a turn!
8 Likes

Today’s was hard for me, but I finally got it in 5.

I’ve played 5 times. Got 1 in 3, 2 in 4, and 2 in 5…today’s was quite hard, but got it in 4, because I had already eliminated most possibilities. I’m glad this is only once a day!

2 Likes

Today’s was my “quickest” solve in three turns but took more time because I tried to be more thoughtful with each selection.

1 Like

The random ones are a gift for me right now. I have played about 20 times. I do the today’s puzzle together with my daughter on Zoom.

Stressful time with elderly mother right now and Wordle is calming!

1 Like

I must be picking the wrong first word… 5 again today!

Wordle 208 5/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Today was hard- my first go yielded just 2 vowels, which doesn’t give much to work with!

1 Like

You all inspired me! I tried Wordle for the first time today. I finally got it on the 5th try. I’m glad there is no time limit because I left it for a while after my 4th attempt to let my brain rest. Lol.

2 Likes

Today was harder than usual :slight_smile:
I have been practicing on the random ones. I start with adieu, irate, ocean or piano.

2 Likes

After 2 tries today I had only 1 vowel and it was in the wrong position. But at least that eliminated a lot of letters and I got it in 4.

Good tip on the starting word! I’ve been experimenting with that in the random. I used “dairy”…

I do just the opposite, I start with 4 consonants. I figure there are more of those to eliminate and it’s easier for me to fill in the vowels. My son does it your way.

whats the thought process on using lots of vowels in the first word?
i started with lots of consonants (like the word rents), but that’s not helping me much. figuring out vowels is a better start?

If they allowed 20 tries, I would not have gotten today’s word. I balanced it out by doing a random,vans getting it in 3.

1 Like

My starting word is always “store”. It’s almost the equivalent of Wheel of Fortune’s “RSTLNE” lol

1 Like

Got it in four today, but was hard. For some reason I had decided that a letter could not be used twice in the word (based on the earlier word guesses). Darn - I was so stuck, that I decided to try the word I thought of anyway, even though a letter was repeated. And sure enough that was indeed the word!