Wordle Today - No Spoilers Please (Part 1)

We have been using the berk nation site, the one with random words. It has always had the same word. Now with the switch to NY Times , today it was different. Found out when we compared with our son. There’s even an article today on it.

2 Likes

I was stumped until I wasn’t. Wordle 241 4/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

3 Likes

I struggled with this one.

Wordle 241 5/6

:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

2 Likes

I solved the tougher wordle in 6

1 Like

Wordle 241 4/6

:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

1 Like

I didn’t know this was a word:

Wordle 241 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:

3 Likes

Wordle 241 5/6

:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

I would have done better if I hadn’t forgotten about the first yellow letter!

1 Like

You must be playing the Berknation version.

Ok I refreshed my browser and then did the NYTimes Wordle. Same result but easier.
Wordle 241 4/6

:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

3 Likes

I just tried the berknation “today” puzzle after someone mentioned it was different than the NYT.

Wordle 241 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:

LOL just tried the Berknation version and for a minute, thought it was the same word as NYT. But guessing that same word gave me what I needed to get the different word on the next try.

Interestingly, today’s Berknation word came up as not a word on the NYT version.

My earlier post was Berknation; this is for NYT

Wordle 241 3/6*

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

1 Like

NYT Wordle
Wordle 241 4/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

I also play Berknation for the random games. When I heard they didn’t use the same word as NYT for the daily puzzle, I played their daily word today too. I got in in three tries but did not know this was a word. But just kept plugging in letters when there was no other realistic option until I finally hit a “word” in their word list.

Wordle 241 3/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:

And now that yesterday’s NYT game is behind us, a funny story to share. Someone remarked that yesterday’s word was not exactly fitting for it being Valentine’s Day, so I took this to mean the word was probably something with a negative meaning. For fun, I decided to switch up what my first guess, and chose the word whose original meaning is “female dog.” Much to my surprise, the NYT rejected that word as not being in their “word list!” I used the same word on the Berknation site and it was accepted.

1 Like

Same here… stumped a good long time, even though I had 4 letters.

Wordle 241 4/6
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

I think NYT words seem harder. (Per a FB friend who kept her browser window open at old site, words are different from her husband’s NYT wordle)

1 Like

How do you get to this Berknation thing.

ETA…did a Google search and did it. It was the same as the NYT one for me…(hoping that isn’t considered a spoiler)

1 Like

My NYT word today was different from today’s word on Berknation. I deliberately chose a very different starting word. Didn’t do so well.
Wordle 241 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

got it in 4 today.

1 Like

Berknation.

Wordle 241 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:

1 Like

For me….both berknation and NYT had the same wordle word. I just checked…it took me four tries with NYT and only two with Berknation.

How come my words were the same, and others say theirs were different!

1 Like

First in 3 tries! (lucky guess)

Wordle 241 3/6

:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

1 Like