Work study

<p>I just got a 2k work study grant(?) from LoyNO, and I wanted to know how do I get a job; do i apply on campus or before I get there? Also how does ws work? Does it automatically go to my tuition at the beginning of the year, or do I pay it as the year goes on? Thanks so much!</p>

<p>Hi awkwardbear2016,</p>

<p>During the first week or two of school, Human Resources will hold a work study orientation to explain the work study program. Then, there’s a huge job fair, where people from all different departments come out and introduce themselves, so you can shop around for a job you’d like before having to commit. After that, there are set time you can go in, finish the paperwork, and commit to a job. It’s a very easy process, and everything is done on campus. If you’re curious, you can look up more information at [Federal</a> Work Study Program | Finance + Administration | Loyola University New Orleans](<a href=“http://finance.loyno.edu/human-resources/federal-work-study-program]Federal”>Federal Work Study Program | Loyola University New Orleans)</p>

<p>Work study has a few different options in the way it works. One option is that you receive direct deposit to your bank account, so you are responsible for paying your award. Another option (this is the one I use) is for the school to take the money and put it towards your award directly. Since you received a $2,000, that will break down to $1,000 each semester, which is 138 hours of work study. Once you reach that 138 hours, you can’t work additional hours. If you put in a lot of hours early in the semester, then you’ll generally finish work study before the end of the semester, which is very nice around finals. </p>

<p>Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, let me know!</p>

<p>Thanks for that! Also, do we have to pay all of tuition at the beginning of the year or can we do a monthly payment plan?</p>

<p>AwkwardBear2016,</p>

<p>There are payment plans available that allow you to pay tuition monthly. I’m not sure exactly how it works, but if you call Loyola’s Bursar’s Office at (504)-865-2388 or visit Loyola’s Student Finance website: [Welcome</a> to Student Finance | Finance + Administration | Loyola University New Orleans](<a href=“http://finance.loyno.edu/student-finance/]Welcome”>Student Financial Services | Loyola University New Orleans)</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>