WPI Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Worcester Polytechnic Institute Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: February 15

Son just received acceptance from WPI today at 3pm PST so 6pm EST. He applied as EA2 (1/15 deadline). Actually we were just doing our weekly survey of all the college portals yesterday and couldn’t even find a place to log in. I guess they were updating his portal. They mentioned a $25k merit / year in the decision letter.

3 Likes

My son just got waitlisted. Curious if they give more info about probabilities, etc.

I don’t have actual stats,
but your son may have a decent chance getting in from Waitlist,
after a bunch of students decide that they can’t afford WPI (my alma mater), like my DS2022.

I know several kids last year that were accepted off WL.

It’s a shame that WPI is so expensive and merit is not high enough (and no financial aid).

100%! My son absolutely looooved WPI and it was his favorite of his college visits. Right now, though, it’s hard to justify paying that much when other offers make college so much cheaper. Like you said, many may decide to go elsewhere due to cost alone, which will work out great for anyone on the waitlist.

1 Like

My son also loves WPI - he applied EAI but was deferred to RD - it’s killing us. A friend who also got deferred just got his acceptance yesterday - we got nada…so we wait. I’m trying to be optimistic but it’s getting harder.

1 Like

Don’t lose hope! Wishing all the best to you both.

2 Likes