Xavier 2024

Is anyone applying to Xavier? If so please share admission / admission decisions! I just realized Xavier did rolling admissions (daughter just hit send on her app today) so we may hear something in a few weeks!

Good luck to your daughter! Mine will probably apply next year - would love to hear your daughter’s stats and how things turn out.

My daughter is going to be applying to the nursing school - loves the Jesuit Universities - so Creighton and Xavier are on the top of her list.

My daughter is also applying to nursing programs but based on her stats will not get direct admit. She should get into Xavier but likely not the nursing program. Happy to share when we get results.

What are the stats for direct admit at Xavier? My daughter has a good GPA at her Jesuit HS, but her first ACT was less than stellar…will retake in December and possibly spring. I’m hoping her GPA and the recommendations from the school, and her leadership/volunteering help her. It’s so stressful - seems more than it was with my son applying to T-10 schools a couple years ago! Best of luck to your daughter!

I don’t know really. On line it says 3.0 GPA and a 24 ACT for consideration for direct admit to nursing, but last year they had 1200 applicants for 150 spots according to someone’s post last year. Mine is coming from a Catholic College prep; GPA is 3.6 with 26 ACT. It just depends on how they evaluate her application. If they isolate her science grades, she has all As, and if they look at continuous improvement (her freshman year was a struggle as she adjusted to not only high school but also a private school) then she may squeak in somewhere.

Are you talking about St. Xavier University in Chicago, Illinois, Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio well known for the Musketeers Basketball game, OR THE Xavier University of Louisiana- the private Catholic STEM-based school in New Orleans whose graduates get into the Top 50 Medical Schools in the nation?

Excellent question. I am referring to the one in Ohio / Muskies.

My son is applying to XU but not for nursing. He applied about 10 days ago. No word yet but hopefully soon. We are local.

My D applied over this past weekend. My understanding is you get admitted to college first, and then you apply for nursing. Our GC said it is about a two week turn around. We’ll see!

Still no update…sigh.

Has anyone heard from Xavier yet. We just hit the two week mark and no word. TIA.

My son just hit the three week mark with no word either. So we have been watching this page for news from others as well.

@Jahm1820 thanks for letting me know. Online it says apps two weeks so we were starting to get anxious.

My D received the acceptance letter on Friday to Xavier Nursing, applied on Sep 8.

Congratulations, @netpro! Was the notification mailed? My D is hoping for a direct admit nursing but based on her stats she isn’t holding her breath. Still likes the school regardless.

@Finalthree yes, the letter arrived via snail mail on Friday, Xavier web portal had an update on 10/16 with electronic version of the letter. She was also offer $23K merit scholarship. My D stats for anyone looking to compare: 1380 SAT, 4.0 UW GPA, 4.2 WGPA with strong emphasis in science and math (many AP classes with mostly As couple of Bs), many extra curriculars, volunteering, team captain of swim team, etc. Very good (I think) common app essay. We are from IL.

Correction, UW is not 4.0, it’s 3.8.

My daughter just got accepted into Xavier nursing today! We are from Boston area.
Weighted GPA 4.09 - not sure on unweighted at least 3.7
1280 SAT
She definitely works hard for her grades and was having trouble with SAT’s. Happy it all worked out.
Goodluck to all the kids out there. not a fun process for them.

My daughter said there is no “check status” button on the Xavier portal. Where are you seeing your results? Thanks !

Under “Status Update” it says “An update to your application was last posted October 16, 2019.” followed by “View Update >>” hyperlink.