Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Links to Reddit, or any social media, are not allowed.

I said this in my latest post and I will say it again: It. Doesn’t. Matter. I say this because there is literally nothing you can do or say now that will impact your admissions decision, no matter how much research you try to do about every little change in your application status. or what people say on reddit. What I am going to say might sound harsh, but you are hurting yourself as a college applicant by focusing on this. You should be spending time working on maintaining high grades and spending time with activities and friends and writing more essays! If you keep wasting time now, and you end up getting rejected or deferred (which is what happens to around 86-87% of EA applicants), you are only going to have around TWO WEEKS to finish your apps for other schools. I highly suggest that you stop obsessing over Yale and use this time wisely! I promise you will thank me later.

3 Likes

Mine does

It’s not true. There are no tea leaves to be read. You will find out on 12/16. These rumors of backdoor methods of finding decisions earlier have been around for years.

5 Likes

Lol, I love you tea analogy. Thanks for clearing it up, it excited me but I know it probably means nothing.

I just had my interview and the interviewer also had in mind a 30 minute duration. I don’t think it’s a reflection of your strength as a candidate. Mine ended up lasting 35-40 minutes

hi I just checked my portal and it has a missing x next to my 2019 tax returns (i think I forgot to submit it). I just submitted it now, but would I get any disadvantage for doing it late?

No, but you might get your financial aid offer at a later time if accepted.

Page 2 is there, but it has the same date as all the other tax info they wanted. We submitted the CSS right before the CSS deadline so all the dates are the same.

This makes so much sense. Has the number of interviews granted changes this year with the new process (of reading apps before interviews)?

1 Like

I was told that there would be significantly fewer interviews assigned per interviewer this year. Usually alumni in my area are paired with 3-4 applicants each year, but this year supposedly they are only being paired with 1-2 or even 0.

Don’t know. I would think they would be reduced if they are culling the list. Also, until they release applicant data, not sure if applications are up because of TO or down because of Covid. We’ll get a glimpse after SCEA results are released.

1 Like

Got it! I thought there were unofficial sources saying SCEA is up by 25% but that could be just conjecture.

Ain’t no way applications did not increase IMO. No top college has yet reported a decrease. I think HYS will have even more of an increase since Princeton is only doing RD this year.

3 Likes

I also got interviewed by a senior at Yale, and the interviewer kept rushing me to get done by the 30 minutes mark. He made it clear at the beginning of the interview that he would end by then. What was your interviewer’s first name?

That’s strange. I had a pretty awesome alumni interviewer, and I believe our interview lasted 45 minutes (she didn’t rush anything). She was really nice and we actually got to have some really deep conversations about the important of empathy and productive argument, along with how performance is really a freeing element in my life (despite her passions being STEM and cooking). I think we were able to do this mainly because of her flexibility as an interviewer, and I feel very grateful to have had her. As long as you feel you were able to connect with your interviewer well, the time shouldn’t matter!

2 Likes

My kid had an interview with a Yale alum a couple of days before Thanksgiving. The interview lasted 45 min. I heard it since it was done over Zoom at home. It flowed like a natural conversation between two people.

Yes. I submitted supplemental music videos.

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but does anyone know the time the decisions might come out on 12/16?

2 Likes

From previous years, 5 PM Eastern probably

1 Like