Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Is 12/16 confirmed?

1 Like

Yes look at the portal under release date

This is a random question but does anyone have thoughts about if because of the increased applications, will they be doing fewer SCEA deferrals and more rejections, like Stanford does?

2 Likes

I am speculating that they will since they are already culling apps for interviews. Also if apps are up for SCEA, they may expect apps to be up for RD as well and will want to manage their RD workload. We will know for sure next week. There is nothing to be gained by stressing over things you cannot control. You all gave it your best shot. Make sure you have your other apps in good shape.

I think reducing deferrals is a good thing. Deferrals create too many false hopes. Better to let applicants with little to no chances in the RD round move on.

10 Likes

I totally agree. I am not doing my best not to have high expectations. I did get an interview, so maybe that’s a good sign (and IMO it went very well, but I couldn’t really read my interviewer’s reactions that well). But when I start thinking about my chances, my brain just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning. I definitely would LOVEEEEEE to get in, but I am going in with the expectation of deferral/rejection.

3 Likes

Apologies for the late reply. My child interviewed a few weeks ago. They did not submit any supplemental materials with their application. I hope that helps!

I also wondered about this since the Yale alum who interviewed my child majored in their field of interest and has gone on to work in that field, and the interviewer participated in some of the same extracurriculars as my child. It seemed like too much of a coincidence. They found the interviewer to be engaged, very supportive, and a great source of information.

1 Like

Yes, my kid’s FA requirements have changed since applying. It appeared to be because some of the information listed was eventually submitted via the IDOC.

1 Like

My interview did not seem coincidental either. Same exact double major interests, same extracurricular activities, and even attended the same summer programs. It was a wonderful conversation that lasted about 45 minutes. Interesting to hear mine was not the only one with so many similarities. I’m still planning on a rejection though.

If you’re accepted, it might mean that you have a delay in receiving your FA award letter. It has no impact on admissions. I hope that helps. And best of luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here! Double major in my top two areas of interest, a bunch of similar ECs, and similar background as FGLI students. The conversation went really well because we just had super similar approaches to the education system/what we are passionate about/what we want to do in life. I know a bit about the interviews from a couple other kids from my school (a competitive PWI, so lots of applicants) and other people didn’t have an experience of getting a really really similar interviewer. I hope it wasn’t just a coincidence!

1 Like

The Mike Pence intern is a troII. I banned him. Let’s move on to other things.

3 Likes

The same happened with my daughter but I don’t see them having the time to coordinate that. I imagine them frantically busy and with so much going on behind the scenes, it seems fairly unlikely that they would be able to pair someone in the same geographic area with someone of similar interests. It is cool to think that it happened like that, though!

My kid hinted via text that she has some good news and I’m hoping that her first safety acceptance has come through. I bought her a red velvet cake to celebrate (if her news is that she changed her own flat tire or something like that, well, I guess we’ll celebrate it with cake.) I really feel for all of you; the waiting is just so hard.

1 Like

Agree. This is not the year to lead kids on.

The student I was paired with is from a completely different state (it was over Zoom so location isn’t a big thing) and I think all students from my school ended up with a student interviewer and not an alum on pretty late interview dates… I talked it over with my college counselor and he also doubted it being random (no indication that it means anything in terms of admissions, but just interesting)! One of the majors also has <100 students, so again, I just don’t think it was just a coincidence. I am also not sure of how many Yale students happen to be FGLI people of color, but again, someone who could speak to a lot of common experiences at PWIs.

1 Like

I didn’t receive an interview so I’ve come to terms with the fact that I might be flat out rejected :confused:

Oh, well I that does make sense. I was thinking specific interests rather than broader categories which wouldn’t be difficult to match. At any rate, it’s fun to speculate when there is so much waiting involved.

1 Like

Or flat out admitted and they needed no further information!

3 Likes

hopefully it’s the latter!

1 Like

My son just got an interview request today. Not sure if it means anything but it’s a bit frustrating as he was not expecting one this late in the EA process and could probably use a few days to prepare a little. It’s set up for tomorrow. Hope it’s a good sign they want to talk with him this late in the process but expectations will remain low until we learn otherwise next week.

1 Like