Yale Class of 2027 Official Thread

Ok, I don’t know what a Yale ID is. What we received is the student Id (SID), which I believe is assigned to every applicant who applies for financial aid. Or the id we received could be something completely meaningless, who knows. All this is confusing. The only sure way to know is to wait until Ivy day :grinning:

1 Like

Congratulation.

1 Like

Student Identification Number (SID)

A unique nine-digit number assigned to a student upon matriculation. The SID is used in place of a student’s Social Security Number for indexing and accessing documents and information. It is also a student’s account number.

The SID is located in the upper left corner above the date on the first page of the financial aid award letter. Whenever you contact Student Financial Services, please have the Student Identification Number available.

———

SID is different from applicant id and assigned to a student upon “matriculation”

Based on this, I guess Parent-in-Georgia is in. Congratulations

@splash216, @Jazzy321 you guys are funny :smile: I’ve heard the theory/portal astrology about SID before and I believed it too. But we received it at the end of January. There’s no way that any decisions were made that early. That’s why I am pretty confident that this ID is assigned to every single applicant, if they applied for financial aid.
Good luck to all of us!

3 Likes

I’m also confused (which is pretty typical for me). DD has the full “Verification Statement…IDOC portal” statement as shown in @calnano 's screenshot. The date (2/22/2023) is the same. The green checkmark is the same. But DD & DH have already submitted everything through IDOC. They checked IDOC again tonight and there’s an “alert” that all materials have been submitted.

Am I reading this thread correctly that the “likely letter” students and the admitted Early Action students who had this “Verification Statement” did NOT have “Please complete this form…” beside their green checkmark? So, in other words, only the “short” version of the statement is a positive indicator?

There’s also some discussion about all this over on the A2A Yale thread in Reddit.

2 Likes

Am I reading this thread correctly that the “likely letter” students and the admitted Early Action students who had this “Verification Statement” did NOT have “Please complete this form…” beside their green checkmark?

No. It’s the other way around. The long one is a positive inidcator

1 Like

This is all so confusing and truly makes little sense. My son interviewed last week also late in the game. I have no understanding about FA paperwork since he didn’t apply for FA.

I figured that the AOs are deep in committee meetings right now and the class is changing on a day to day basis.

March 30th can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification.

check my previous message.

Join the server.

2 Likes

You can’t say that. It’s not confirmed yet.

Congratulations are in order!

2 Likes

So my request to upload the verification form appeared late January about 10 days after an online interview with a senior. So I uploaded it and then it disappeared for a few days. Then it reappeared early February (I think the 1st or 2nd) The green check mark has been there since with the short version of the wording. The longer version disappeared once I actually uploaded it. Is that good?

There is nothing in my portal. I received an email from College Board on Thursday to upload doc through IDoc. I did so and waiting for it to appear in portal.

Did your email have a student ID (SID)?

The email was from the College Board, not Yale.

Got this from College Board: Colleges have requested that you submit additional documentation for your 2023-24 financial aid application through IDOC. Until your documents are received, schools cannot finalize your financial aid awards.

To submit your documents or to check the status of documents you have submitted:

1. Go to the IDOC website: https://idoc.collegeboard.org and click the “Sign in to IDOC” button.
  2. Select 2023-24 in the “Academic Year you will attend” drop down box.
  3. Enter two of the following and click “Sign-In”.

Then saw Yale was requesting the verification form.

3 Likes

Ok, thank you. It looks like a good sign if they’re requesting it this late.

1 Like

is the survey ready to be looked?

1 Like

We got this email on 2/22, we checked the collegeboard website, couldn’t find the information that Yale was requesting this. We were not sure which college was asking for the information. We had submitted IDOC for all the colleges that my son had applied.

3 Likes

For people who didn’t apply for fa, this astrology won’t work then right?

3 Likes